McLaren Life banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. I recently purchased a 2016 Cerulean Blue 570s. I've been lurking the forums for a while and figured I'd finally make an account.

My favorite part of this 570s was the paint color and the fact that it was so well equipped. It also has a clean carfax history (unlike another similarly priced cerulean blue 570s I also found). I got my hands on the original window sticker and it had a lot of options! I have attached a snip of the window sticker.

I've had it for about 3 months now, and about 1500 miles and I'm in love. I have done a few cosmetic modifications to it, as you will see in the pictures below

Exhaust was powder coated in black
Roof was painted to match the engine bay cover
Reflectors have been smoked out.
Calipers Painted Cerulean Blue

The wing was put on by a previous owner. Not the biggest fan of the wing.
The wheels were powder coated at some time by a previous owner.

Of course as with every used vehicle purchase it hasn't been perfect. I was made aware of a minor oil leak when I took it for it's annual service last week. Getting that fixed soon. I've also had to fix minor things like broken parking brake lever, some missing plastic trim pieces. and a missing storage compartment carpet.

Now I'm researching what performance mods to do to it.

This is my first supercar purchase and I'm hooked.

Attachments

·
Owner
1,077 Posts
Great looking 570! You will notice that McLarens must put smiles on everyone's face.

Reactions: Tumbleweed

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Great looking 570! You will notice that McLarens must put smiles on everyone's face.
It certainly puts a smile on my face every time I drive it. It's the fastest car I've ever owned by a long shot (i had an infiniti G37 ages ago, but that obviously doesn't even get close).

What caught me by surprise is how many people come up to me to talk about the car and say nice things about it. Definitely not the car for you if that's not your thing.

·
Registered
12 Posts
It certainly puts a smile on my face every time I drive it. It's the fastest car I've ever owned by a long shot (i had an infiniti G37 ages ago, but that obviously doesn't even get close).

What caught me by surprise is how many people come up to me to talk about the car and say nice things about it. Definitely not the car for you if that's not your thing.
Very nice! Love the color! How many miles were on it at the time of purchase and what did you end up paying for it if you don't mind me asking?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Very nice! Love the color! How many miles were on it at the time of purchase and what did you end up paying for it if you don't mind me asking?
It had a little under 23,000 miles on it. It was about 175k out the door with a 4 year extended bumper to bumper warranty on it.

I put half down and financed the rest. It was hard to say no to the 3.09% APR that my bank offered. Interest rate that low is basically free money, and i would have financed the entire amount, but the bank wouldn't go that far.

Since then, the paint mods and misc trim pieces were about $3,000 and the annual service was $550 at a local McLaren shop that came recommended to me.

·
Registered
3,210 Posts
It had a little under 23,000 miles on it. It was about 175k out the door with a 4 year extended bumper to bumper warranty on it.

I put half down and financed the rest. It was hard to say no to the 3.09% APR that my bank offered. Interest rate that low is basically free money, and i would have financed the entire amount, but the bank wouldn't go that far.

Since then, the paint mods and misc trim pieces were about $3,000 and the annual service was $550 at a local McLaren shop that came recommended to me.
Ah, so not a McLaren extended warranty. Who is the warranty with?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi everyone. I recently purchased a 2016 Cerulean Blue 570s. I've been lurking the forums for a while and figured I'd finally make an account.

My favorite part of this 570s was the paint color and the fact that it was so well equipped. It also has a clean carfax history (unlike another similarly priced cerulean blue 570s I also found). I got my hands on the original window sticker and it had a lot of options! I have attached a snip of the window sticker.

I've had it for about 3 months now, and about 1500 miles and I'm in love. I have done a few cosmetic modifications to it, as you will see in the pictures below

Exhaust was powder coated in black
Roof was painted to match the engine bay cover
Reflectors have been smoked out.
Calipers Painted Cerulean Blue

The wing was put on by a previous owner. Not the biggest fan of the wing.
The wheels were powder coated at some time by a previous owner.

Of course as with every used vehicle purchase it hasn't been perfect. I was made aware of a minor oil leak when I took it for it's annual service last week. Getting that fixed soon. I've also had to fix minor things like broken parking brake lever, some missing plastic trim pieces. and a missing storage compartment carpet.

Now I'm researching what performance mods to do to it.

This is my first supercar purchase and I'm hooked.
Congrats and enjoy...! I personally would 100% remove that wing completely messes up the lines of the car IMHO

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ah, so not a McLaren extended warranty. Who is the warranty with?
It's through a company called lodestar.

Honestly I only bought it in case of catastrophic failure. I'm not the type of person to warranty claim every single little thing. I'll pay for small repairs out of pocket if it means not having to call someone and fill out a bunch of forms.

Time will tell if i threw away that money or if it was worth it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Congrats on your car, it’s a looker! They’re so fun to drive.
Thank you! It is so much fun to drive. it definitely attracts a lot of attention. Just today a friend of a mine came across a picture of it on Instagram that some random person took and tagged McLaren when I was parked outside of a store over this past weekend. There is no blending in. I don't even have social media.

It's even more comfortable than I expected it to be. A bit too impractical to be a daily driver though.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts