McLaren Life banner

61 - 76 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Explorer ST, 2018 Merc, in search of 12C...
64 Posts
Using 304SS on a high temp exhaust component as found on turbo cars isn't the wisest choice honestly. If you really needed (wanted?) to go SS, it should be 321SS for sure.

321SS, Ti, or Inconel would be the best choice, especially with temps reaching close to 900°c. 304SS won't have the longevity and will more than likely need to be replaced if the vehicle is driven regularly at high speeds or on track.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Just want to shine some light and give an update to people questioning about longevity or concerns about the quality of the SRM Downpipes. They are solid welds and mounting tabs are good! I have had these pipes on my car nearly 2 years now and over a dozen track days. I drive my 600LT 3-5 times a week just to give y'all an idea of how often my car is being used. Thank you Shardul @ SRM!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Are there any sets with cats on them? Here in MD we have smog check and can't really pass with catless setups.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Don't buy from this guy. I have pictures of the 2 sets of shitty downpipes he sent me I had to return. He confirmed they're made in china. The first set was so visually bad I immediately sent them back. The fact he didn't even inspect them and sent them out with such dogshit welds speaks volumes. The second set was made short. Alex of AW confirmed same and we showed you they were improperly based off a 600lts set and would crack.

Anyone considering buying from this chump avoid at all costs.

Reactions: Anthony D
61 - 76 of 76 Posts