McLaren Life banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is going to sound ridiculous but here it is, the rear view mirror thats provided on the MP4-12C does it have homelink as well the auto-dimming features built in?
As well has anyone purchased the MAcarbon rear view mirror and had it sent to Radar-mirror to have the above noted components installed?, if they are not available on the stock mirror. Cheers.....??

·
Owner
277 Posts
This is going to sound ridiculous but here it is, the rear view mirror thats provided on the MP4-12C does it have homelink as well the auto-dimming features built in?
As well has anyone purchased the MAcarbon rear view mirror and had it sent to Radar-mirror to have the above noted components installed?, if they are not available on the stock mirror. Cheers.....??
Rear view mirror is plane has nothing added. There are aftermarket company's that can give you a mirror with most anything in them, Homelink, GPS backup camera, ,Onstar. Just look on the web. And you can have Radar added also.

·
Registered
424 Posts
No homelink on the mirror.

I taped a small 3 button keychain type remote to the back side of the center console on the passenger side, so I just reach around there it is within fingertip reach.

If you are dead set on having a radar-mirror AND a carbon shell, I suggest you talk to John at MACarbon and see if he can source a pre-made mirror from radar-mirror then he add his carbon shell.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Radar Mirror

Hey extremride22. I have had both HomeLink and "Electronic Countermeasures" installed into my mirror by Radar Mirror. I absolutely love it! I hate to carry a garage remote and I hate radar detector cords even more.

Below is a crappy photo of it. The HomeLink is on the top right of the mirror and is not visible. You should have a professional install it.

Please consider the following: A stock mirror costs $75 and the MA Carbon version is $650. I bought a spare mirror and sent it to Radar Mirror. They returned it to me complete and perfect in 24 hours.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Rear view mirror is plane has nothing added. There are aftermarket company's that can give you a mirror with most anything in them, Homelink, GPS backup camera, ,Onstar. Just look on the web. And you can have Radar added also.
Yeah Fastlane I found a company down in Texas called Radar-mirror.com, I just wanted to know if anyone has actually dealt with them using the MAcarbon mirror. Cheers....??

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey extremride22. I have had both HomeLink and "Electronic Countermeasures" installed into my mirror by Radar Mirror. I absolutely love it! I hate to carry a garage remote and I hate radar detector cords even more.

Below is a crappy photo of it. The HomeLink is on the top right of the mirror and is not visible. You should have a professional install it.

Please consider the following: A stock mirror costs $75 and the MA Carbon version is $650. I bought a spare mirror and sent it to Radar Mirror. They returned it to me complete and perfect in 24 hours.
Thanks N8te that's what I was looking for, some confirmation on the service and product that Radar-Mirror.com provides. I'm the same way I hate loose wires and clutter, although I would like to add some more CF to the interior of my putt putt. Cheers......??

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Oh and thanks N8te for the picture of your mirror, its greatly appreciated. Cheers....??

·
Registered
560 Posts

that looks great! how much did they charge you for the radar set up?

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well unfortunately I was informed that the auto dimming feature can not be done on the Mac as noted below. Cheers....??

We can add Homelink to your mirror for $299. The V1 display is $499. I'm
sorry but this mirror can't be converted to auto dimming. Let me know what
features you want and I will email an invoice to you.

Please ship your mirror to:

Scott Wheeler

Radar-Mirror.com
2704 Cedar Wood Dr
Frisco, TX 75033

Regards,

Scott Wheeler
[email protected]
www.radar-mirror.com
972-571-7427

·
Registered
107 Posts
Hey Mac 1: $808 for the HomeLink plus radar feature in the mirror and shipping. The radar system itself and the install are of course not included in this price. HomeLink was $300 of this, so $500 for the radar set up alone. Same as e22 says above.

·
Registered
107 Posts
so homelink and V1 radar for $800?
this seems very good! are you happy with teh way it came out?
Yes. I've been very pleased with the system. Mine is K-40, however, and not V1. I prefer the K-40 because it has a quiet ride function that you can set for a particular speed. For example, my system is set to give an audible alert only over 45 mph. I still see the visual alerts under 45, but quiet ride prevents me from losing my mind driving through town. It also has front and rear indicators like the V1, which is a valuable feature.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts