McLaren Life banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Reversing Rear View Camera

I understand that McLaren plans to integrate a rear view camera as part of the future IRIS rolling out regular upgrades to include more practical options. Hopefully, we will be able to view it on the LCD screen when reverse/parking mode is activated.:)

Apparently there is already a spot made available on the plastic mesh grille above the Rear Diffuser. ;)

Does anyone have any idea when it would be made available?:confused:

·
Registered
551 Posts
That would be a great idea to have that! I've noticed these beepers don't always work correctly. Was backing up in the garage and thought had more room. I was trusting on the beepers and ploef back up in the wifes VW. Fortunately now damage but since than I don't rely too much on them.

·
Registered
307 Posts
The centre screen's angle will make the camera pretty useless in bright sunshine but it would be handy at night. Yes, you can see the spot for the lens is already there in the rear panel.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Given the history of IRIS, and its current state of uselessness, what are the odds of (a) this ever happening, and (b) it ever working properly?! If its anything like the GPS, the picture that comes on screen will probably show the front of the car next to you!

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Reverse View Camera location

I hope MTC develops a viable and useful camera on the IRIS system for new and existing owners in the near future.:eek:

For anyone who is curious about the location, please find the attached picture indicating the spot for the Reverse View Camera.;)

Attachments

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
I hope MTC develops a viable and useful camera on the IRIS system for new and existing owners in the near future.:eek:

For anyone who is curious about the location, please find the attached picture indicating the spot for the Reverse View Camera.;)
RC33 I thought that was part of the backup sensors, not that I would really know that. Well lets hope they can get IRIS resolved first before implementing new hardware and software. LOL....??. Cheers....??

1 - 6 of 6 Posts