McLaren Life banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I'd got feathers underneath at the rear, unfortunately not! Damaged the fibreglass rear tray/diffuser! Anyone else suffered the same fate? Looking at it I'll probably whip it off and pop rivet a bit of 1/8" Ally plate over it, paint it black and you'll never know ;-)

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Didn't spot that! It's where the tray mounts to the chassis side rails (Areas dotted around on pic). Kinda difficult to avoid the road, it's the only way home ;-) I'll have to take it easy! To be fair though it is a main "A" road, wouldn't really expect this on those roads!

·
Registered
69 Posts
I was paranoid about scraping when I bought my MP4. I have a steep(ish) driveway and some of the biggest speed bumps I've seen on the way in/out of my suburb. I had the dealer bring a car up to check it all out before I committed.

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
Didn't spot that! It's where the tray mounts to the chassis side rails (Areas dotted around on pic). Kinda difficult to avoid the road, it's the only way home ;-) I'll have to take it easy! To be fair though it is a main "A" road, wouldn't really expect this on those roads!
Shouldn't bottom out on any normal road,maybe something odd here? Do you remember where it happened? Raised manhole or something out of the ordinary? Where my Porsches bottomed out ive never had it with the 12c in the same place.:confused:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts