McLaren Life banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I recently purchased a 2012 Nova Silver with tons of carbon. It had 1100 miles and only registered 4 months ago for the first time. I really would like the reverse camera and Sat radio.
My radio has rebooted every 10 min while driving so the dealer will install a new system

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
Yes Aristo,no camera or Sat radio available,but the radio is fine when you get iris 2 fitted.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Crap that sucks, I like my Sat radio. I'll figure out a reverse camera for it as I ship my cars every summer to Europe. Italy in particular has odd parking spots.

·
Registered
914 Posts
run the Sirius/XM app on your iPhone and plug the iPhone into the car, Sat Radio!

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Rumor is that camera option might become available for new IRIS. I heard rumor that a satellite module might also become available but that's off some post here in the forums. Not sure how true likely.

In mean time, you can use the satellite app to stream it through IRIS.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Satellite radio module I doubt. If then a SiriusXM app for the Parrot system is more likely. Which means it would be cell data based, not true satellite.

But if you want satellite radio for traffic data, that is clearly not needed for the parrot system, since it uses cell data for traffic anyway.

Regarding Rear Cam, I am sure it will be available as a rf. Would be stupid not to, it is easy to add to Parrot so the only issue is the cabling.

·
Vendor
90 Posts
Hi everyone, I recently purchased a 2012 Nova Silver with tons of carbon. It had 1100 miles and only registered 4 months ago for the first time. I really would like the reverse camera and Sat radio.
My radio has rebooted every 10 min while driving so the dealer will install a new system
We can install a rear camera at our store, it mounts around the rear license plate and runs through the rearview mirror. It is very clean looking and does not interupt anything except you can not use a rear license plate frame. As for the Satellite Radio, you can do one of two things. You can stream bluetooth Satellite from your smartphone app with the new Iris or you can have an aftermarket unit installed that runs through your media function. There will be no visible antenna if you go aftermarket. McLaren worked directly with our installer to accomplish this. Satellite and Rear Camera are NOT optional on P1, so I'm not sure when you will see it in a vehicle. I am told that they are working on these items. From the positive feedback of the new Iris system, I truely see it being optional sooner rather than later.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for the reply, I will get the rear view mirror w/ the home link built in & camera.

So far my Radio has rebooted 50 times in one week, after the holidays the dealer in Miami will install a new system. I wish the new system has the new IRIS but I doubt it so I will have them do the update.

We can install a rear camera at our store, it mounts around the rear license plate and runs through the rearview mirror. It is very clean looking and does not interupt anything except you can not use a rear license plate frame. As for the Satellite Radio, you can do one of two things. You can stream bluetooth Satellite from your smartphone app with the new Iris or you can have an aftermarket unit installed that runs through your media function. There will be no visible antenna if you go aftermarket. McLaren worked directly with our installer to accomplish this. Satellite and Rear Camera are NOT optional on P1, so I'm not sure when you will see it in a vehicle. I am told that they are working on these items. From the positive feedback of the new Iris system, I truely see it being optional sooner rather than later.

·
Premium Member
2,505 Posts
Do you have some pictures of these installations that you can post?

I'd love to see how they looked when completed.

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Crap that sucks, I like my Sat radio. I'll figure out a reverse camera for it as I ship my cars every summer to Europe. Italy in particular has odd parking spots.
Yea, but the Italians really have honed their skills to cope well. Masterful! :)

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks for the reply, i would like the rear camera and will upgrade to the new iris next week.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts