McLaren Life banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Anyone else's clock lose time like an old mechanical watch? I lose 1-2 minutes/month. Weirdest thing...

Also, I'm at 21K miles... or 35,000 kilometers.

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
Doesn't that improve 0-60 times, probably will be copied by Ferrari.

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Anyone else's clock lose time like an old mechanical watch? I lose 1-2 minutes/month. Weirdest thing...

Also, I'm at 21K miles... or 35,000 kilometers.
Time slows down for you and speeds up for all those you leave behind when you approach the speed of light. Must be the effects of your driving. ☺

·
Registered
6,889 Posts
Hey Hyper I've been wondering where you've been. I guess out driving like a proper owner. 21,000 miles - that is just awesome! Kudos to you, bud.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Well, since you mentioned it, mine has lost about 5 minutes in 9 months. Question: How do you set the time?
One more oddity. Occasionally, when I press the on/off ignition button, the engine turns off, but the radio stays on. Anybody else have this one?

·
Registered
715 Posts
Well, since you mentioned it, mine has lost about 5 minutes in 9 months. Question: How do you set the time?
One more oddity. Occasionally, when I press the on/off ignition button, the engine turns off, but the radio stays on. Anybody else have this one?
I've given up trying to figure her out. Just like a woman, she doesn't do the same thing twice with regard to shut down and start up.

The fan will occasionally stay on. Sometimes the rear hatch will open with the door button, sometimes I have to push the start button a little to make it work.

Maybe a small prince of darkness issue. But she's been better lately. Still goes like the devil, tho...

·
Registered
862 Posts
Sometimes the rear hatch will open with the door button, sometimes I have to push the start button a little to make it work.
The car needs to be "awake" for the engine cover release to work. Open the door, press the button and it pops open. Wait for more than a few seconds and you need to wake the car up, just hitting the unlock again is sufficient.

·
Registered
715 Posts
The car needs to be "awake" for the engine cover release to work. Open the door, press the button and it pops open. Wait for more than a few seconds and you need to wake the car up, just hitting the unlock again is sufficient.
Just reread the manual. It's right there. I guess it was the loose nut behind the button.

The 3 modes thing seems needlessly convoluted. But I guess it's a battery thing.

Thanks for the tip!

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
The clock drifts because it's likely just a piece of crap computer based clock. Your cell phone's click drift as well, but they call home to the network and adjust the time so as not to drift. That's why cellphones seem to keep really good time, and our car doesn't.

One more reason why it would be nice to let the car "call home" over phone connection to get new data from time to time (traffic, updates, etc.)>

·
Registered
551 Posts
This clock thingy is simply a feature. As tme goes by the car calculates how much time you've spend in traffic jams and compensates to avoid being late for work. Sounds reasonnable

1 - 12 of 12 Posts