McLaren Life banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Future Owner
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Post update I was hoping that the radio would be usable in the UK, mine isn't. BBC FM channels OK at standstill but not when moving, MW a waste of time. Is this only my car or is it true for all?

And before anyway writes that they never listen to the radio blah blah, I do, I commute in the car and like to listen to the news etc. Then there is the lack of DAB....why do McLaren get this part so wrong when to a layman it appears to be so simple?

If this is the best McLaren can do then I'm going to have to look at an aftermarket solution. The cars a keeper and so I want it to tick all the boxes.

Thanks

·
Registered
964 Posts
I'm not too far away from your location and have found radio reception to be spot on :confused:

Heart FM or the local stays constant and when travelling down to Silverstone the other weekend Radio 2 was fine all the way there- Radio 2 for the traffic information obviously :eek:

Even over the hills of the A5 it kept a lock.
I'm off on a longer trip this weekend, so will see how it goes with radio traffic 2 :)

·
Registered
551 Posts
I don't have any problems with it over here.

I also listen to the radio... Mainly because every hour they repeat where the police is flashing.

·
Future Owner
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OK, thanks. I'll get in touch with McLaren and see if there was an error in the upgrade...

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
Post update I was hoping that the radio would be usable in the UK, mine isn't. BBC FM channels OK at standstill but not when moving, MW a waste of time. Is this only my car or is it true for all?

And before anyway writes that they never listen to the radio blah blah, I do, I commute in the car and like to listen to the news etc. Then there is the lack of DAB....why do McLaren get this part so wrong when to a layman it appears to be so simple?

If this is the best McLaren can do then I'm going to have to look at an aftermarket solution. The cars a keeper and so I want it to tick all the boxes.

Thanks
As part of the upgrade two new aerials and a tuner (FROM MEMORY), are installed. Made all the difference to reception which is now perfect in the UK

1 - 5 of 5 Posts