McLaren Life banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone else has had this problem

Now nornally if I'm driving I listen to the Ipod and the system on the car works fine

However if I listen to the radio I find that everything works for ~10 minutes and then the system "reboots"
This morning the system then continued to reboot/restart every 5 minutes while the radio was selected
However as soon as I switch over to Ipod again the system worked fine

Anyone else had this problem and know how to fix it?

Thanks

·
Registered
964 Posts
Never had a reboot issue, however after about 3hours- what it takes to get to Dover, IRIS likes a couple of minutes downtime...
New system now available and already fitted to the EVO car- £1369 but whether that's plus tax I have no idea.

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
Never had a reboot issue, however after about 3hours- what it takes to get to Dover, IRIS likes a couple of minutes downtime...
New system now available and already fitted to the EVO car- £1369 but whether that's plus tax I have no idea.
Wonder if they have had a re-think,it was suppose to be 2k plus vat ??? Plus they had better have a good excuse if EVO have put it in the Mag for all to see.
Of course HARRY must have intervened with the management and suggested this price !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
Update on McLaren PR who give EVO the info to print,give them the correct facts ,there are now 50,000 plus mags out there with the wrong price,its for the hardware!! Not sure I could fit it myself :rolleyes:

·
Registered
964 Posts
mmmmm are you going for it Andy?
I understand the hardware cost but maybe the dealer can assist with the labour- actually not just the dealer but McLaren, £7K for a working radio is a bit off..

·
Registered
4,325 Posts
2k-ish plus vat all in with fitting for the new iris - just was talking about it when I called in to book for for the 2nd year service. Will aim to have a play around with the new system if possible on friday when I drop the car off, will mention what I think of it for what it's worth..

Have not had the radio problem i'm afraid per OP but only very briefly listen to the radio being connected to a USB card most times.

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
mmmmm are you going for it Andy?
I understand the hardware cost but maybe the dealer can assist with the labour- actually not just the dealer but McLaren, £7K for a working radio is a bit off..
Hope to do a deal as you are suggesting,as I didn't pay for it in the first place,but as of yet they have non available as they only have enough for new cars :confused:

·
Registered
964 Posts
Just spoken with the dealer regarding another issue- Yes another one again!!
But no units expected until the end of October.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
OP, sorry, I don't have that particular problem although I rarely listen to the radio as the reception is generally rubbish. Have you tried a full push and hold reset?

On the subject of the 'upgrade', I won't be paying for it, I find it quite distasteful that they are even thinking of charging for it. It's part of the car, whether you paid for it or not, and it should work properly, it doesn't. My TomTom knocks it into the weeds (for nav obviously) and was about a tenth of the upgrade price. The iPod is fine, that's about it.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I got quoted $7,300 today by a dealership in USA, Florida ...

·
Registered
551 Posts
My iphone 5 with Ios7 needs to be loaded constantly so I plug it in the usb connection. Sometimes the radio doesn't work. I can't figure out why sometimes it works and other times it doesn't. On a long drive it's quit silent and boring in the car without some music.

Replacing the unit no way. I'd rather replace the car then with a spider.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Yeap ... The dealership says that they received an email form Woking with pricing for new 2014 Iris unit with Install for $7,300 USD ... It probably comes with an unlimited downloads iTunes account. ;)

Does anybody have another quote from a dealership in USA ?

·
Registered
380 Posts
Who makes the IRIS unit?

Why don't they just hire McLaren partner Kenwood to handle this? I have not doubt that Kenwood could make a unit that works every time all the time and puts out perfect sound. We're not splitting the atom here.

BTW, does anyone have an IRIS unit that works flawlessly?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts