McLaren Life banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hoy!
Is there any MP4 owner with 4p or 6p harness in the car?
I don't think that were on the options list?
I feel that you need that when you do track driving, especially on the Nürburgring where you tend to Bounce around a bit in the cockpit.

I did not like when I lifted from the seat in schwedenkreuz pushing 270+km/h
But that's just me

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wupps! I'm not allowed to access!
I'm simply not cool enough!

·
Registered
8,123 Posts
sorry, misled you... mcdc posted in the owners lounge, so I guess that allows only certain access.. sorry about that...

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oh no you di'ent!

Atleast there is a track pack in existence then

·
Registered
862 Posts
Sorry guys, should have realised it was posted in the owner's lounge. I'm sure McDc will not mind me doing this .....

Attachments

·
Registered
173 Posts
unfortunately only available for the coupe, not for the spider.
Going to the Nüburgring on next march 18th and Spa Francorchamps 19th.
Probably last time I'll go therE with my SLK55, next time with the MP4

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
awesome!
maybe you will see me there then!
i'm going next week and will stay for a month or so (doing some work down there)
I'm not bringing any awesome car at all though.
A Golf V R32

·
Registered
61 Posts
Fabspeed Motorsports has completed the chrome moly street 4130n harness bar with anti sub bar along with side seat belt adapters. It is a nice simple super strong bolt on system. Can be powder coated black and or painted to sample to match any color or your cars color.

Jeff Harley will have photos up later this week. We are working on a harness bar for the Spider now. After that all coupe and spider owners will be able to have a 6 point race belt system in there cars. In addition the center harness bar will allow a fire extinguisher and or go pro camera.

Chris our Drexel university mechanical engineer is completing tie downs so the car be be tied down securely in a trailer or onto the Dyno.

These cars are really marvels of engineering!

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Fabspeed Motorsports has completed the chrome moly street 4130n harness bar with anti sub bar along with side seat belt adapters. It is a nice simple super strong bolt on system. Can be powder coated black and or painted to sample to match any color or your cars color.

Jeff Harley will have photos up later this week. We are working on a harness bar for the Spider now. After that all coupe and spider owners will be able to have a 6 point race belt system in there cars. In addition the center harness bar will allow a fire extinguisher and or go pro camera.

Chris our Drexel university mechanical engineer is completing tie downs so the car be be tied down securely in a trailer or onto the Dyno.

These cars are really marvels of engineering!
Joe fab would you happen to know what the weight of this unit is going to be? As well the costs? Cheers....??

·
Registered
61 Posts
Hi
Please email [email protected] and [email protected] for more detailed information.
I can tell you that Fabspeed Motorsports USA has completed engineering design and development of integrated 6 point race harness installation systems for both the McLaren Coupe and Spider.

Mclaren race harness installation components for these cars consists of all the hardware for lap belts to both driver and passengers seats. Front brace for 5 and 6 point harness , and rear should harness bar and fittings. Everything is CAD designed stress engineered for solid reliable mounting of racing harnesses. Simple to install and remove so originality is maintained.

Jeff and Chris have detailed photos and a video of all systems for the coupe and spider.
Www.fabspeed.com

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Hi
Please email [email protected] and [email protected] for more detailed information.
I can tell you that Fabspeed Motorsports USA has completed engineering design and development of integrated 6 point race harness installation systems for both the McLaren Coupe and Spider.

Mclaren race harness installation components for these cars consists of all the hardware for lap belts to both driver and passengers seats. Front brace for 5 and 6 point harness , and rear should harness bar and fittings. Everything is CAD designed stress engineered for solid reliable mounting of racing harnesses. Simple to install and remove so originality is maintained.

Jeff and Chris have detailed photos and a video of all systems for the coupe and spider.
Www.fabspeed.com
Joe fab I went to your site and there are no pictures or videos pertaining to your McLaren race harness. Cheers.....??

·
Registered
983 Posts
Like extremeride said, no pics/vids/description of the McLaren harness on the site, but I've been emailing Jeff about it - hope to get one ASAP.

·
Registered
983 Posts
WTdoom, I believe you're talking about the MSO cage and harness - which was $$$

1 - 20 of 21 Posts