McLaren Life banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So no rubbing? I thought I read some had rubbing with the bigger size.

What size are you using for the front?

·
Registered
118 Posts
Fronts should be 245s. Specs are here - https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Toyo&tireModel=Proxes+R888R. At 315s in the rear and 245s in the front, the R888Rs are within like .2 of an inch of the stock Pirellis in terms of width and similar in overall diameter so should go unnoticed in terms of factory speedo accuracy. That said, they are 4 lbs heavier up front and 5lbs heavier out back. Not a lot but heavier none the less for anyone who is interested in that. Looks to be about 1,440 for a set off TireRack.com vs 1,316 for the stock Pirellis. 325s may also fit. They are about .1/2 inch wider overall but a full extra inch of tread and overall diameter is .4 taller (27.3 vs 27.7). I thought there was a post about needing spacers to run the 325s so may need to research that some more but the 315s look like they will definitely fit out back without any mods.

·
2012 MP4-12C
507 Posts
Yes. Let me rephrase. An increase in offset of 15 mm. I used to run spacers, but now have the extra offset incorporated into my wheels. This was done not for rubbing, but to get a wider track and better filling of the wheel arches.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Yes. Let me rephrase. An increase in offset of 15 mm. I used to run spacers, but now have the extra offset incorporated into my wheels. This was done not for rubbing, but to get a wider track and better filling of the wheel arches.
Got it. Would you guess there would be rubbing without the extra offset?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts