McLaren Life banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've got a deposit in on a white 570s spider. It currently has 10 spoke diamond cut wheels. Since it has carbon side mirrors I figure black would look better and they're open to switching them out for any black wheels if it comes from a used car and that have some practically new 5 spoke black wheels but not as crazy about that design.

Also worked about the issues you can have with diamond cut. What's everyone's take on this?

First picture is one I'm getting, second is showing what they're willing to switch to if I want them.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,628 Posts
I prefer the diamond cut, but not sure what issues you mean in your original post?

What I think would really look great with that car is having the calipers painted red. And perhaps replacing the side orange reflectors with clear ones.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
With diamond cut you can't buff out anything that happens to them, it is one of the biggest issues with them, basically they can't be repaired IF anything weird were to happen.

I just didn't think the silver looked good vs. the black, interestingly I thought the majority of you would say go black. Is it the style or the color you like?

·
Registered
6,628 Posts
With diamond cut you can't buff out anything that happens to them, it is one of the biggest issues with them, basically they can't be repaired IF anything weird were to happen.

I just didn't think the silver looked good vs. the black, interestingly I thought the majority of you would say go black. Is it the style or the color you like?
Hmm. As far as I understand, diamond cut can be refinished. I've seen a Panamera wheel that was heavily rashed on both the silver and black parts, that was refinished to look practically brand new.

Solid black wheels, matte or gloss, always look a bit after-market to me. Whereas OEM diamond-cut look high-end. Granted there are some pretty ghetto "diamond cut" aftermarket wheels out there, too. Not usually on exotics though.

·
Registered
5 Posts
It all depends. I had my vossen wheels made specifically for my 570s and I specifically requested the centers to be drilled to fit oem caps to tie it all in and have that oem look. I too am not a fan of aftermarket wheels but every scenario is different. You can buy second hand aftermarket wheels or have them custom made to your taste and specifications. These are finished in satin black using oem caps

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
This is mine on black super-light wheels which are same as on the second pic. Personally I prefer black wheels on white cars especially with many black accents.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
About this Discussion
11 Replies
7 Participants
Phillymac
McLaren Life
McLaren Life is the best McLaren forum to discuss reliability, problems & more for supercar models like the F1, P1, 570, 650, 12C, and 720S!
Full Forum Listing