McLaren Life banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Does anybody know how McLaren handles warranty work for a second owner. I live in North Carolina and the closest MAC dealer is in Philadelphia. I'm down to the short strokes of purchasing a car in California which has not had the latest software update. Is it up to the owner to transport the car to and from the dealership if they are located out of state?

I recall speaking to an owner in Atlanta who said the Tampa MAC dealer took care of transporting the car for warranty work for free and it seemed almost too good to be true.

Thank you to all the forum members. This has been a great place to learn about the MP4 and I'm excited to join the family!

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
Hi Renn,not an easy one to answer,here in the UK ive been told its Mclaren that picks up the bill for the warrenty work,but its the dealership that foots the bill for the transport! So that being said they dont find it an issue footing the bill if you bought the car from them as theve had their profit out of you,so i dont see it as being a problem if you are buying from an official dealer,it not i would still suggest its a small price to pay to get your hands on this car,you can always butter them up by suggesting they will get all future service and warrenty work,you never know,worse things happen at sea :)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Why don't you have a dealership in California do the upgrade and then ship it once? If you're buying from a private party the dealership could also do an inspection at the same time. If the car's in Southern California I could make an introduction for you. Just let me know.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts