McLaren Life banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Owner
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the "Left Hand Display" .... Under the "Vehicle Category" >> the sub section called: Silent Lock.
The manual says: If you select 'Silent Lock' ON ... the directional flashers WILL NOT flash when you press the lock button on the keyfob. And, if Silent Lock' OFF is selected the directional flashers WILL FLASH when the keyfob lock button is pressed.
No matter which selection I make (ON or OFF) the flashers still flash when the car is locked with the keyfob.
Anyone know about this feature. (Not that it is that critical:confused:)

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
In the "Left Hand Display" .... Under the "Vehicle Category" >> the sub section called: Silent Lock.
The manual says: If you select 'Silent Lock' ON ... the directional flashers WILL NOT flash when you press the lock button on the keyfob. And, if Silent Lock' OFF is selected the directional flashers WILL FLASH when the keyfob lock button is pressed.
No matter which selection I make (ON or OFF) the flashers still flash when the car is locked with the keyfob.
Anyone know about this feature. (Not that it is that critical:confused:)
Didnt know about this one,but i think its taking stealth too far !! i would still prefer to see its locked as well as hearing it :)

·
Owner
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Didnt know about this one,but i think its taking stealth too far !! i would still prefer to see its locked as well as hearing it :)
Andy,
It doesn't seem to make any difference in ON or OFF (as I stated) .... and, unlike most cars: it does not chirp the horn when you lock it either. You are right it is a strange feature. Does your car chirp the horn when locked with the keyfob ? Mine does not. :confused:
I think, just for the heck of it I will contact Woking to satisfy my curiosity.:)
Quite possibly I should stop reading my owners manual.;)

·
Registered
314 Posts
When locking: The horn doesn't chirp if silent mode is ON. And does if silent mode is set to OFF. Lights flash in all cases. At least this is how it works on mine anyways.

·
Owner
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
When locking: The horn doesn't chirp if silent mode is ON. And does if silent mode is set to OFF. Lights flash in all cases. At least this is how it works on mine anyways.
Thanks :)...... maybe 2013MY is different. In my owners manual they don't even mention a horn chirp, they just talk about the flashers flashing ! I get no horn chirp, but lights do flash when the car is locked. Maybe they deleted the horn chirp or these things are also 'market specific'. ??

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
I thought the horn chirp indicated some part of the car is not locked.

·
Owner
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I thought the horn chirp indicated some part of the car is not locked.
You are right, roundincircles, in regards to that. My manual states: In certain instances you will get a horn chirp (i.e. if the rear glass or a door is not latched, or if the fob is inside the car) you get the horn chirp and the car won't lock. All I can deduce is that they currently have no chirp when the alarm is set. Plus maybe this so-called 'silent lock' has been deleted but is still printed in my owners manual (pg.131 for me). I emailed client services .... maybe someone can ask the folks who configure these things.
Can't these engineers just leave well enough alone!:rolleyes:

·
Registered
314 Posts
If a door or frunk isn't completely closed when you lock, the horn will sound letting you know the car didn't successfully lock.

Separate issue from silent lock setting (I think).

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
Andy,
It doesn't seem to make any difference in ON or OFF (as I stated) .... and, unlike most cars: it does not chirp the horn when you lock it either. You are right it is a strange feature. Does your car chirp the horn when locked with the keyfob ? Mine does not. :confused:
I think, just for the heck of it I will contact Woking to satisfy my curiosity.:)
Quite possibly I should stop reading my owners manual.;)
Yep,at the start i was the biggest culprit for late night manual perusing :D Who would have guessed it!!! Sometimes i think modern cars have so many options they are trying to outdo themselves.
As for the chirp as RIC says ,somethings wrong,you wouldnt want different sounds for different things,although a wink of one flasher would be quite humorous ;):)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts