McLaren Life banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, as many of you know, the 12c is an incredible car! Having owned it subsequent to a few 458s and other fun cars, I agree with many that the driving experience is on par with the 458 and the technology behind the car is certainly superior in many ways to the 458.

Unfortunately, I find myself wanting to drive the car and not finding many occasions to do so. Alas, I decided to sell it. My friend at Sky Motor Cars in West Chester Pa is listing the car for me. I purchased it from McLaren Philadelphia.

Let me know if you have questions. Otherwise, here is the link to the listing.

Joe

http://www.skymotorcars.com/web/used/McLaren-MP4-12C-2012-West-Chester-Pennsylvania/1381682/

·
Registered
183 Posts
Nicely optioned car! As I am currently in the market, I personally can never own a black car.
Very fairly priced as well!! Best of luck.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Joe: I've never owned a supercar, but one thing I NEVER understood: Your 12C is obviously a beauty and it is world class technology and performance. But you only put 1,732 miles on it. I see a lot of this. When I had my Porsche (not a supercar, but nice) I drove it to work every day and everywhere else. I understand your car not being a daily driver, but 1,732 miles seems impossible to me. What can you tell me about this phenomenon? Good Luck finding a good buyer.

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
Joe: I've never owned a supercar, but one thing I NEVER understood: Your 12C is obviously a beauty and it is world class technology and performance. But you only put 1,732 miles on it. I see a lot of this. When I had my Porsche (not a supercar, but nice) I drove it to work every day and everywhere else. I understand your car not being a daily driver, but 1,732 miles seems impossible to me. What can you tell me about this phenomenon? Good Luck finding a good buyer.
Well, there is probably only 8 months worth of driving per year there, so maybe 32 weeks of driving lets say. If you only drive it a couple days/week and in nice weather, have other cars, and need more than 2 seats. 1700 miles in 1 year is possible.

Imagine you have an SUV/sedan, a 911, and a 12C. 3 cars for an exotic owner would not be uncommon. Let's say the average person drives 12K/year. That means you'd only have 4K miles on each car assuming you used them all equally. Then consider that as cars get more exotic, they become less versatile. Do you have kids? Are you a doctor? Even less opportunities to drive certain cars. Then add Winter on top of that.

You end with 6K miles on the SUV/sedan, 4K miles on the 911, 2K miles on the 12C. It's very plausible and very realistic.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
George, I think different folks have different reasons for the low miles. For me, miles clocked on a super car never meant much because I always knew I was going to take a hit with depreciation (with a few exceptions). It comes down to time and lifestyle. I have a job where it would not be wise for me to drive a Mclaren every day to the office; I have a young daughter and a baby seat just doesn't work in the car for those excursions to the park or the beach; I enjoy our beach home, but taking the car to our beach house isn't a lot of fun because I I would have to drive separately from my family for obvious reasons; I enjoy playing golf; so driving to the course is a 5 miles drive; I've owned multiple sports cars at one time, so choosing which to drive to inthe weekend car event or rally becomes a pick and choose that limits miles on one car....

Trying to illustrate the point....some don't put the miles on a car for absolute fear that the next guy won't buy it. In the beginning of my super car buying days I was exactly the same. I've learned that life is too short to worry about that. However, there's not a lot of time to drive the Mac, so she has to go. Sadly.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Joe, I saw your post on F-Chat, you have a beautiful car and good luck with the sale, what are you replacing it with?

PS you have the most beautiful 458 Spider I have ever seen.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Joe: your car is nicely optioned. IMHO it is priced below market value. My McLaren GM told that prices has bumped up in the past couple of months since 2012 Inventory is sold and 2013's MSRP is quite a bit higher.

IOW - your price shouldn't be negotiable! Good Luck with sale. What are you thinking of getting next?

·
Registered
310 Posts
I'm picking one up today :D that was registered on the 5th December 2011 and has covered 115 miles only! Serviced and up-graded at 85 miles! Now that is a waste!

·
Registered
964 Posts
I'm picking one up today :D that was registered on the 5th December 2011 and has covered 115 miles only! Serviced and up-graded at 85 miles! Now that is a waste!
But hopefully a bargain for you :)
Enjoy it...
I'm at the service centre today picking mine back up, 10months and 10K smiles :cool:

·
Premium Member
1,868 Posts
Doug, I had the xpel installed on my car and it is amazing!

Car still available!

Joe
Joe - not sure of you remember me.

Chas / Guyincognito hooked us up on your 16M - the dealer couldn't get their act together and I bought one the next day from the Auto Gallery.

Best of luck on the sale I already have a MP4 :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Joe - not sure of you remember me.

Chas / Guyincognito hooked us up on your 16M - the dealer couldn't get their act together and I bought one the next day from the Auto Gallery.

Best of luck on the sale I already have a MP4 :)
CHAS! Good to hear from you and congrats on the car! I hope you're enjoying the snot out of it!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Joe, I saw your post on F-Chat, you have a beautiful car and good luck with the sale, what are you replacing it with?

PS you have the most beautiful 458 Spider I have ever seen.
Tony, you wouldn't believe me if I told you but I already picked up a preowned FF. the car is a terrific means of enjoying the allure of a spirited drive along with the ability to enjoy a trek with the family. The Mclaren unfortunately doesn't accept a car seat AND a wife!

·
Premium Member
1,868 Posts
Ok, I finally caught up:). You and I could only hope we purchased the 16m at those recession era prices. 16m prices are seemingly up big right now!
I bought one the day after we spoke :) if you recall Eric's 16M who traded it for a CGT.

See below - from one of Eric's famous photo shoots without the girl :(

Attachments

·
Registered
631 Posts
You bought that 16M? LOL! I took that picture!!! It's a gorgeous color! The girls were off in the other room at the time. :)

·
Registered
380 Posts
Joe: Thanks for your insights on the low mileage we sometimes see on super cars. Seems like if you get one that looks good and is inside the warranty period, you almost can't go wrong. Your 12C is obviously a gem and someone is going to acquire an unworldly car with all the upgrades and enhancements in place.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts