Registered
4,955 Posts
Looks promising but no costs posted?

·
Registered
289 Posts
Awesome!
Am looking forward to participating at the track day events.:rolleyes:
Interesting to note that they are hosting it at different circuits.
Thanks for posting!:cool:

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Hey andy you were off by four minutes, if it makes you happy I clicked on your link LOL. Great video and great program, unfortunately it seems to be geared towards those who live in Europe or those that are willing to travel to Europe. I would strongly recommend that they try and incorporate track days in the America's and the land of the rising sun. Cheers....??

·
Registered
8,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
They're going to do that eventually ken.., I guess they want to refine the program in Europe first before expanding overseas,...
Don't worry am not offended if you used andy's link... Honest .. Well maybe a bit. .. Hahahaa

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
They're going to do that eventually ken.., I guess they want to refine the program in Europe first before expanding overseas,...
Don't worry am not offended if you used andy's link... Honest .. Well maybe a bit. .. Hahahaa
Hey Mikeyb, I figured that would be the case on top of the fine tuning and all. Honestly if I had the opportunity I would head to all of these events due to the great selection of tracks, not sure they would want to see my ugly mug at each and everyone of these events. As for the link I was just joshing you, thanks its greatly appreciated. Cheers....??

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
Its £1,200 per day. Just about to book Donnington and Bilster Berg.

I see Bilster Berg comparing themselves with Ascari. Should be fun!

Anyone else in the uk going to Bilster? How about a convoy??
Mark was suggesting its like a mini NR ,very challenging,maybe next year for me! But there are a few of us at Donington ,so it will be good to meet up !

·
Registered
8,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hey Mikeyb, I figured that would be the case on top of the fine tuning and all. Honestly if I had the opportunity I would head to all of these events due to the great selection of tracks, not sure they would want to see my ugly mug at each and everyone of these events. As for the link I was just joshing you, thanks its greatly appreciated. Cheers....??
Think they'd love to see you ken.. They're still genuinely interested in owners feedback good and bad..! I hope they look at the options of owners who can't bring their car for whatever reason (like its 3000 miles away!) being able to have time in on of the pure Mclaren cars..

Standard English sense of humour on the link thing!

·
Premium Member
167 Posts
Mark was suggesting its like a mini NR ,very challenging,maybe next year for me! But there are a few of us at Donington ,so it will be good to meet up !
Definitely! I've been fortunate to have Mark show me a thing or 2 on a few tracks last year. My wife's just had our first born so this the first time ill be on a track this year. Hope I've not forgotten everything!

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
Definitely! I've been fortunate to have Mark show me a thing or 2 on a few tracks last year. My wife's just had our first born so this the first time ill be on a track this year. Hope I've not forgotten everything!
Ive know Mark a while,and he did mention you to me (if im guessing right) I take it he is a good teacher with his racing pedigree ;):)

·
Premium Member
167 Posts
Ive know Mark a while,and he did mention you to me (if im guessing right) I take it he is a good teacher with his racing pedigree ;):)
Excellent teacher! Start off slow and overtake 12c gt3 by the end :eek:

Think we briefly met on the way to a MTC event last September in the people carrier? See you at Donnington! Debating whether I need a MSO visit before Blister for a roll cage and harness...

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
Excellent teacher! Start off slow and overtake 12c gt3 by the end :eek:

Think we briefly met on the way to a MTC event last September in the people carrier? See you at Donnington! Debating whether I need a MSO visit before Blister for a roll cage and harness...
Now I remember,we were staying at the Pennyhill park? I will collar Mark for a few laps if you are not hogging him;)
Blister looks like it might be advisable to get a cage,you have enough time and its a nice bit of kit :)

·
Premium Member
167 Posts
Bilster Berg is an extremely demanding track. Be careful guys ;)
Hmm I was thinking this. I'm going to give myself a leisurely drive over. Now you've said that I think I'll take McLaren up on the option of a full days coaching.

Thank you for the advise.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts