McLaren Life banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, just curious. Got my Mac today, clipped a B road island kerb negotiating a tight double roundabout- hadn't yet adjusted to the cars width - tyre was fine, wheel badly scuffed, arrrrhhhh, got home alright. phew.
I'm in the UK, and if I get a puncture I call McLaren
?n - how has that worked for any of you
Does the Mac call response out vary from country to country?
What's been the experience in the UK?
Does it make you somewhat apprehensive on a long drive out?

Did 100 miles today, haven't even started! Tomorrow, 300.
The cars reading 23.5 UK mpg - I think that's good for the performance on mostly suburban B roads no motorways yet - what do you think.

·
Professional Bum
252 Posts
Jack points are in the owners manual. There is also green stickers over the jack points under the car. A low profile jack and a rubber ice hockey puck is the key. This has become the standard combo for almost every exotic for the last few years.

·
Professional Bum
252 Posts
I just read my post. I was not meaning to come off sounding gruff/short. The manual shows the approx location where they are. The stickers under the car - x marks the spot so to speak. These flat bottomed cars are actually starting to get somewhat standard in jack points and not require goofy adapters to fit over tabs, or special pins to fit into sockets, etc. you will want a small 2-3" diameter block of wood with a piece of rubber over it to prevent your jack pad from indenting the bottom pan. The hard rubber hockey pucks seem to be the perfect height, diameter and firm/soft compound to hold the weight and not mark or dent the pan. They are about $2/each on the web. Great for all English (& other) makes I've owned - Aston, Bentley, Lotus (newer non-Esprit, Esprits have tabs), ford GT, Lamborghini, etc. most American cars still have things resembling frames so the cup/plate on the jack with an piece of rubber (old tire side wall) is best.

·
Registered
964 Posts
Sorry to here you caught a rim so quickly!! :eek:
There's the can of 'gunk' for punctures from which I had various results with my Porsche..

I have two numbers for Mclaren assist, ones for the UK and the other for Europe- they are both in the owners manual and worth storing to your phone before the panic!
It's ran by the AA, so expect a yellow van/lorry to turn up and get you home should the need be.

I caught a rim on the tunnel a while back, £120 for a refurb and looks like new- although my rims aren't diamond cut which could be a different story. :eek:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My car's a 2012 March model 2800 mi. It has had all the updates.
Everything seems to work fine. IRIS, SATNAV etc - was told problems were software only and have been extensively updated.
What's the grapevine on this, anyone know?

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
There should be a can of Holts Tyreweld in the boot of the car, which is located at the front of the boot in a little black McLaren zippered pouch.

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
First, CONGRATS on the new ride and welcome welcome welcome!

Second, CONGRATS for driving it like you stole it! :)

Third, sorry to hear about the road rash. Good news is the rims are super easy/cheap to fix up as good as new for road rash. In the US about 125-175 depending on the damage. And since the rims are made of chocolate, when repaired, they look brand new.

Only caveat, depending on how hard you touched the side, might be worth having the dealer see if it's out of alignment. The car is pretty amazingly zero'd in, so it's good to make sure nothing got out of wack. If you barely kissed it, then you can probably ignore this...

Good luck with it.

·
Registered
964 Posts
Timi, it took my dealer 2 days.
There is a tyre and rim insurance scheme, maybe ask your dealer about buying it. £299 is what it cost me.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Hi, just curious. Got my Mac today, clipped a B road island kerb negotiating a tight double roundabout- hadn't yet adjusted to the cars width - tyre was fine, wheel badly scuffed, arrrrhhhh, got home alright. phew.
I'm in the UK, and if I get a puncture I call McLaren
?n - how has that worked for any of you
Does the Mac call response out vary from country to country?
What's been the experience in the UK?
Does it make you somewhat apprehensive on a long drive out?

Did 100 miles today, haven't even started! Tomorrow, 300.
The cars reading 23.5 UK mpg - I think that's good for the performance on mostly suburban B roads no motorways yet - what do you think.
Call this guy Stewart 07931865432 / 01737551105 Topman i think he is near you good luck

1 - 15 of 15 Posts