McLaren Life banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
what kind of lift do you have? I have found the Bendpak 9HW for SUVs. So that means I can park my escalade underneath and park the 720s or C8 above? Or it doesn’t really matter if I park the SUV above? Did you guys have this choice dilemma? Or I can just park both 720s and C8 where the lift is. I have a 4 car garage.

I have a Challenger Lift and I have been happy with it. I would stick with a big name, Challenger, BendPak. There is lots of questionable Chinese stuff out there. Mine was made in China but designed by Challenger. I have a friend who has a no name Chinese lift and it is not nearly as stout. I also have a rolling jack with air over hydraulic, it is awesome. Pulling wheels, changing oil....is much easier.

For Challenger at least wire it 220V. It takes twice as long to go up if you wire it 110v. I think BendPak are 200v standard.

Whatever car is on top will get driven less. Its not difficult to get down but human nature makes it the less driven car.

If you are looking for room you might want to start with this one. Double wide double lift. Easier to park under also. Below id the one I am considering.

BendPak double lift.

Challenger Lifts
BendPak Lifts

Keep in mind you will likely have to have your garage door tracks changed to be more vertical to the ceiling to it clears the cars and have a side opener put on it.
I have a local dealer who sells all both brands and installs. You need to find one near you.

Have Fun,

Bill

·
Owner
370 Posts
what kind of lift do you have? I have found the Bendpak 9HW for SUVs. So that means I can park my escalade underneath and park the 720s or C8 above? Or it doesn’t really matter if I park the SUV above? Did you guys have this choice dilemma? Or I can just park both 720s and C8 where the lift is. I have a 4 car garage.
That's exactly what I have. The main thing is your ceiling height - my SUV gets the outdoor parking as I don't like to drag mud, dirt, etc. into the garage, and due to the low ceiling heights, it would not fit underneath the lift without me crushing the top car onto the master bedroom...lol.

I am building a new house with a much larger garage - will be ready in 6 more months - can't wait!

·
Registered
115 Posts
We just finished building our second home and I designed it around my garage(lol). 4 car garage with one of the garage with 20 ft ceiling tapered to the top and a side mounted garage mechanism opening up to follow the ceiling. I’m just wanting to pick a good lift. I found one company near me-aresco and they will install it a Bendpak HD-9XW. I think this should be it. Thanks for the input.

·
Owner
370 Posts
We just finished building our second home and I designed it around my garage(lol). 4 car garage with one of the garage with 20 ft ceiling tapered to the top and a side mounted garage mechanism opening up to follow the ceiling. I’m just wanting to pick a good lift. I found one company near me-aresco and they will install it a Bendpak HD-9XW. I think this should be it. Thanks for the input.
Yup, but as noted by Detroit Bill is very true - the car that is on the lift will see the least action - it may only take 5 minutes to move things around, but, it is in fact human nature.
I will have a lift in the new garage as well but that is only going to be to do maintenance. I want to be able to go in the garage and just drive.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Yup, but as noted by Detroit Bill is very true - the car that is on the lift will see the least action - it may only take 5 minutes to move things around, but, it is in fact human nature.
I will have a lift in the new garage as well but that is only going to be to do maintenance. I want to be able to go in the garage and just drive.

View attachment 199542
Nice layout! You’re right about the SUV dragging mud snow and gunk in the “special” garage!

·
Registered
923 Posts

View attachment 199542
Off topic. But do you think tandem parking you would run into the same problem as the lift?

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Can't you just leave one outside? I don't see why the Vette would need to be kept in the garage unless it's blocking the driveway.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Can't you just leave one outside? I don't see why the Vette would need to be kept in the garage unless it's blocking the driveway.
I guess you could do that. I view the Z06 as a special car. I like it clean. If left outside it would be dirty very quickly. You can't drive it through a car wash so I end up hand washing it. Truth be told that is not my favorite task. Based on that adding a lift is necessary because I am lazy.

·
Owner
370 Posts
Off topic. But do you think tandem parking you would run into the same problem as the lift?
That was considered - I don't plan on owning that many cars, but I think I can take 4 cars at any given point with ease.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
The car was delivered yesterday. It was a sweltering 19 degrees F. I was able to give it the once over and it is in exceptional condition. The Color, Memphis Red is incredible. I am not a red car guy but this is more of a candy red. It is a Performance spec with red and black interior. The highlights of the spec would be CF sill, CF paddles, CF front air intake, CF exterior upgrade pack 1, heated power seats, 12 speaker audio, lift, park assist, sport exhaust, leather wheel, track telemetry (app only). It also has a full wrap and appears to be very well done, I am not sure of the brand.

I went for a short ride. with it being so cold I was hardly able to give it any gas. The power is as I recalled it, impressive. It will be a long wait for enough temperature to really get on it.

Interestingly, the passenger door can be open and not hit the lift, the drivers door has a chance to. I am not sure if its the garage floor or the lift is not level, I'll have to check. The lift was level when it was installed. I may be able to adjust where it rests up a little and make in just fit. I will put padding just in case. I did not have time to take good photos, here are a couple from the dealer.

The HVAC fan did make an odd noise. I turned it down and it stopped but it sounded like it was hitting something?

·
Registered
344 Posts
I see that you bought it from Long Island Sports Cars. They are good people. I have bought my Astons and Mc Larens from them.
Cangrats! Mine is also Memphis Red, but with Tan Leather Interior.

Joe
August 24 (12) (Large).JPG

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
I was able to go for a few joy rides. The Temperature got up to 50! Tires never got warm and the traction/stability control limited the car quite a bit. I got the tires a little over 60 degrees, the tire icons went from blue to black. What is the progression of colors after black? I know based on my Z06 that I start to get traction at 70 degrees ambient.

·
Registered
344 Posts
I have never seen it go beyond Black.

Joe

21 - 40 of 40 Posts