McLaren Life banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After fishing around for a while I pulled the trigger on a 2019 Memphis Red Performance, 1,100 miles with a very nice spec.
It will be delivered next week and I will pull it in the garage, hook up the charger and wait for spring. It will be a long wait.

I now have three fun cars. 2018 Z06 Z07 loaded. A Superformance 427 SC replica Cobra top spec, 2600 pounds 560 hp.. I really don't have room for three cars I am having trouble deciding what to sell.

I can daily drive the Vett in the summer, it is a very capable machine and great fun to drive. It is very similar to the 720, more instant torque. The Cobra is a different animal. It is a 20 minute joy ride kinda car. I tend not to take it out as much so I am thinking that is the one to sell.

Keep the Vett do the majority of track days in it and one or two in the McLaren.

Hard Choice.

Bill

·
570S Silica White
743 Posts
Sounds pretty similar to my experiences the last few years. I had a C6 Z06 that was set up for track days (Stop Tech BBK, Sparco seats, harness, Forgelines with RA-1s), a Superformance 427 with a Ford Racing 521 ci crate motor with Webers (2650 lbs, 625 hp), and finally a 570S. We sure seem to be running in nearly parallel tracks...

·
Registered
19 Posts
Keep the cobra and sell the Vette. You can daily drive the McLaren and still have the cobra to drive as contrast to the Vette or McLaren.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Keep the cobra and sell the Vette. You can daily drive the McLaren and still have the cobra to drive as contrast to the Vette or McLaren.
I think Daily driving the McLaren would no be a good idea. Send the wrong signals to me employees and customers.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Doesn't sound like you have any choice to make then. Time to list the Cobra for sale.

You actually daily drive a z06 in Detroit winter's through snow and all?

·
Registered
344 Posts
The Winter has been so mild that I took mine out today. I usually wait until April 1st. I still have my SQ5, so I won't have a problem.

Joe

·
Registered
115 Posts
Are you in Detroit? I’m from saginaw. Just got my 2020 C8 ordered and with TPW of March 5-15/2020. Will be my daily summer driver. Congrats on your 720S. We have the same color in luxury.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I think you're missing the obvious, you don't have to many cars you need a larger garage. Problem solved.
Will a parking lift fit in your garage? All low cars which helps with height.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Will a parking lift fit in your garage? All low cars which helps with height.
I have a parking lift. I am blessed with a 14 foot garage ceiling. Three car garage, wifes car and crap take up the double bay. I have 4 cars, daily driver, Vett, Cobra and now 720S. I can keep a car at work in the winter which allows me to park under the lift right now. That extra car is a problem.

Then there is this for the double bay....
Double storage lift.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Invest $5k in a lift, and raise the garage doors - voila!
That way, you don't have to get rid of any of them :) View attachment 199529
what kind of lift do you have? I have found the Bendpak 9HW for SUVs. So that means I can park my escalade underneath and park the 720s or C8 above? Or it doesn’t really matter if I park the SUV above? Did you guys have this choice dilemma? Or I can just park both 720s and C8 where the lift is. I have a 4 car garage.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts