McLaren Life banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. I am very grateful to this forum's members for their objectivity and enthusiasm which has been reassuring in the lead up to pulling the trigger on a 2012 12C coupe. Thank you all.
And wow! What a car! It has exceed my expectations. Incredible performance when you want it, yet an absolute pleasure to drive on longer trips, and even really easy around the city.
Options: lightweight phallic wheels (yep, can't get that out of my mind after reading a post observing that!), leather/alcantara interior with orange stitching, carbon fibre mirror casings. 1000 kms when I got it, now close to 2,000 kms :)
I have a couple of photos below - please excuse the corny one that says it adds colour into life!

Attachments

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
Nice Christmas present TAS,and the perfect place to enjoy her.Great choice of colour of course ;)
The Phallic wheels look far better when you steath coat them and diamond polish them,really makes them stand out more !!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Looks beautiful.

What colour is that?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the welcome

Yes indeed it is Volcano Orange. Really comes alive in the sun.
Thanks for the suggestion on stealth coating the wheels. I think they would look much better than the current finish, which is the only part of the car I find a bit over-bright.
Will get some interior shots when I return home after Christmas. And yes, awesome Christmas present!

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
TasMc, those are really great photos. It's tough to capture how good the volcano orange looks, and you did a great job.

CONGRATS on the new ride. Hoping you find happy roads with it. And welcome aboard! :)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Jaymoney - I think you're right on McLaren orange being the brand signature colour. Volcano Orange was more the colour used in a lot of the brochures and launch media when the 12C was released.
Jkheit - I put it down to the brilliant Aussie sun that day and the terrific little Fuji X100S camera I tote around!

·
Registered
316 Posts
Jaymoney - I think you're right on McLaren orange being the brand signature colour. Volcano Orange was more the colour used in a lot of the brochures and launch media when the 12C was released.
Jkheit - I put it down to the brilliant Aussie sun that day and the terrific little Fuji X100S camera I tote around!
McLaren orange used to be Papaya in the F1 run. I had the opportunity to see Ralph Lauren's Fi which is Papaya many years ago and I was smitten.

Volcano Orange and Volcano Red are powerfully sun-loving colors. They are the colors that demonstrate the companies range of abilities in terms of finish. If there were no MO I would have chosen one of the Volcano's.

That shot of your car with the ocean in the background is poster worthy.

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
Um, isn't McLaren Orange the McLaren signature color?:confused:
Jay,MO is the McLaren racing colour,and to many including myself the signature colour.But with the inception of the 12c it was VO that was to be the road car signature colour taken from the last F1.In the last 4/5 years the significance of this might have been lost,but it was the case,Erik will now tell me it wasn't the last F1,but it was the colour that was chosen !!! :)

·
Owner
499 Posts
Beautiful. I love VO!!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Thanks everyone. I certainly am having a blast. John - the day of the photos, I really enjoyed some great driving through rolling vineyards and coastal stretches north of Sydney. The car also gets very enthusiastic reactions from people. The kids in the first photo (there were around 8 of them who swarmed around, with a few parents - actually, just dads) were just wide-eyed, asking lots of questions.
All in all, a wonderful step up from an R8 V8 manual - although I do on the rare occasion miss that gated manual.
Kenric - your Spider looks brilliant. The wheels you have really suit VO (more than mine!), and go well with the front splitter.
Jay - Spider in McLaren Orange is a standout. There was a brand new one at the showroom here which was to die for!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts