McLaren Life banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings everyone,

The team here at Larini USA is very happy to be a part of this forum and are here to help you get the most from your McLaren!

While it's no doubt that the McLaren MP4-12C is a beautifully designed Super Car with outstanding performance, one of the issues commonly discussed by owners is upgrading to a Performance Exhaust System that offers a more Exotic Sound and improved flow while maintaining the attention to detail and high level of quality associated with this iconic marque.

That being said we'd love to introduce to you the Larini Club Sport Muffler System, Sport Catalytics and Race De-Cat Pipes, currently available and in-stock for the McLaren MP4-12C. One key benefit Larini offers is that we are the only manufacturer utilizing the same ceramic coating used by McLaren. This thermal insulation is a fantastic addition to a top performing design and really helps to improve performance and reduce heat.

Here's are a couple of clips of the Larini exhaust in action on the MP4-12C:

Features include
• Precision Engineered For Accurate Fit
• Ceramic Coated Pipework / Thermal Insulation
• Aviation Grade T.316 Stainless Steel Construction
• Larini Lifetime Warranty
• Significant Weight Reduction
• Does Not Resonate or Drone in Cabin

Along with the Club Sport Muffler Systems, Larini also has developed outstanding products like Sport Catalytics and Race DeCat Pipes to add even more power to the MP4-12C, this provides you even more options to improve an already great Super Car.

Formula Dynamics / Larini USA prides itself in our commitment to our customers to provide expertly engineered products and superior service. As we continue to network with the community here on McLaren Life, we look forward to getting to know more of you and showing you the fantastic products and services that we offer.

Best Regards,

The Team at Larini USA

·
Professional Bum
252 Posts
I am holding off on purchasing high flow cats until some long(er) term data comes in. To my knowledge there a 3 companies making exhaust systems or the 12c. Being only interested in the cats I have heard horror stories of one of the 3 brands welds breaking on mounting tabs, O2 bungs, etc. because there is no flex joint in the cat pipe portion of the system. Another of the 3 brands specifically advertises the flex joint and basically the same power gains as the one that fell apart.

This leaves Larini. IMO, the old salts, the sound, quality, etc. however the descriptions on the website look like a cut and paste of each other - somewhat expected, same high quality materials and process used cross the board. My concern is first, since I see no visible flex joint in the high flow cat pipe, will the Larini HF cats suffer the same fate as the other brand. Less important, but still important, does the HF cats deliver the 40 rwhp the other two brands show dyno sheets of.

I have a Larini system on another car and I'm definitely on the Larini hook. Just looking for assurance the system will not be torn apart or tear the car apart over time and that the hp gains are similar to the competition. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Larini Sport Cats for the MP4-12C do have a large flex section built into them and they are ceramic coated for improved performance and durability. We do not have any official gains posted at this point. However, it's safe to say from customer and dealer feedback that owners are impressed with the results! We hope to have more results to share soon.

Here are a few photos that show the flex section for reference, it's just to the left of this gentleman's right hand :

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts