McLaren Life banner
21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
A softening at the high end and a sharp decline in the middle are two different things. These are different markets and the really hot cars are still commanding premiums over MSRP. ”the markets” isn’t really a thing. There are a lot of markets. I doubt we see a 765LT spider for msrp ever again. Nobody will sell me an gt3 for msrp, let alone a real super car. And the P1m2 allocations will be a brutal massacre.

The hot stuff is still completely out of whack demand / supply.
Precisely right.

·
Owner
735 Posts
Only 246 miles. What kind of stories could it have?
Plenty. You don't think a car could have been in an accident or traded paint on a track in 246 miles? This place mostly buys auction cars, sight unseen, I've been to their facility, 80% of everything there has a story, or no story with big question marks, which is worse. Anything I saw there that was too good to be true always was. They would tell me a vehicle was in mint condition and upon close inspection you could see the poor paint respray or misaligned body panels. I can't tell you how much time I wasted with that place driving across the state twice, only to find out the vehicle was a mess, or clearly had prior damage. I was completely lied to twice. I wouldn't buy anything out of that place. I would put money on that 765 having a story, especially at that price. Why would you list it for that low from the get-go when the next cheapest one is like 60k more?

Go ahead and buy a car from them if you want after seeing what happened to this guy....

2012 MP4-12C
2,728 Posts
Customers in the USA are still waiting for their MC20s to be delivered, while new cars in Switzerland are already being offered on the Internet for less than the list price. The whole situation is a little bit strange…
That's pretty normal Maserati experience, but are people discovering they aren't what they thought they were?
Only 246 miles. What kind of stories could it have? Anyone know what the MSRP of that one is?
Leave the lot and crash it, happens all the time when people don't know how to drive high power with cold tires. I've seen it happen multiple times with Hellcats, literally in front of the dealer they bought it from. It's Florida so it could be a flood car too. Any number of things, and for the record it would still warrant a PPI. I inspected a 450 mile car with quite a bit of cosmetic issues and an 1100 mile car with missing bolts.

Reactions: VGJ and alexceres
2012 MP4-12C
2,728 Posts
Maybe yes, a great and beautiful car, but not outstanding in any aspect.
I'm wondering how many thought they were getting a MC12 successor and quickly found out they didn't.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Thought that was 6 weeks away?:cool:
Interestingly, everything I want to buy right now has not budged in price. Another home in south Florida (between Del Ray and Lauderdale) and a new/used boat. In regards to cars, lets assume they drop to MSRP or 10% below, isn't that still a win as a new buyer? You get a sick car that you can enjoy for just about free.

2012 MP4-12C
2,728 Posts
Interestingly, everything I want to buy right now has not budged in price. Another home in south Florida (between Del Ray and Lauderdale) and a new/used boat. In regards to cars, lets assume they drop to MSRP or 10% below, isn't that still a win as a new buyer? You get a sick car that you can enjoy for just about free.
Prices won't budge on the things they bought too high. They don't want to lose or break even so they'll stick it out as long as they can then lose their ass later because they waited too long and need cash.

Reactions: alexceres

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
21 - 38 of 38 Posts