McLaren Life banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
i think it's a wrong move by mclaren to increase parts prices to match other competitors, unless they really intend to make more money selling parts and accessories. such expensive prices tends to put off prospective buyers of the cars because maintenance and future spare parts are going to be too expensive. i think it would be great if they can brag that you can get supercar performance, looks and feel at a more reasonable maintenance expense than the competitors.

i was considering an SLR previously but whenever i hear stories about spare parts prices, i tend to shy away from the car. same thing goes with the CGT and LFA. but then again these are very limited production vehicles so they may have some right to charge a high cost.

the MP4 is nothing like that. it's a regular production vehicle they intend to make and sell thousands of units. and if it's difficult to move now with big depreciation, it will become harder when buyers find out maintenance and parts have even increased.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.