McLaren Life banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What’s your thoughts on the price of 650s? A year ago they where selling for 20k less then they are today. Do you think they will dip back down again come spring when people start to buy and sell their cars more?

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
What’s your thoughts on the price of 650s? A year ago they where selling for 20k less then they are today. Do you think they will dip back down again come spring when people start to buy and sell their cars more?
I don't follow 650S prices, but I would caution that you cannot assume that asking prices translate to sale prices.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I bought mine a little over a month ago at 150. I had been following the market for over a year and I can not say I saw the same trend you report. Last year, most that I saw were around 150-170, with the best examples near 180.
I also physically went and saw/drove many within a 500mi radius of me (near Pensacola, Fl). The cars that were under 150 were in rough shape. Lots of nicks/scratches/wear at unreasonable levels, electrical errors galore, 1 with a CEL... even the one I bought has an issue with the passenger seat electrical.
Professional pictures are edited and do not reflect the real deal, for better or worse. I would be prepared to shell out 150-160 for a car in good condition and I think we will likely remain between 140-160 until the 720s drops under 200 (which it did do for a couple last year).

·
Registered
750 Posts
I follow the prices in Switzerland, and there I also notice a slight price increase. It is noticeable that there are very few offers of the 650S, it is with 10 offered vehicles the second rarest McLaren model, the Ulitmat Series cars excluded. Of the „limited“ 675LT there are 9 offers (only one (!!) less as from the 650S, its prices are still falling, but this at quite a high level), of the 600LT there are 13, then of the 720S are 16 offers on the web, of 12C there are 19, of the 570S/570GT/540C/ are 25 in total on offer. Sport Series prices are falling and falling and do reach slowly the 12C level. Of the GT there are 7 offers on the net, but most of them are still new cars. It seems the GT is selling extremely poorly. It can be assumed that this car will soon become unsaleable next to the Artura.

Meanwhile, the most expensive 650S models are even more expensive than the cheapest 720S. But these cars are difficult to compare with each other (poorly equipped 720S with very many kilometers vs. top 650S with very few kilometers and coupe vs. spider).

Recently someone told me that the 650S represents to him the car with which McLaren finally entered succesfully the market (together with and thanks to the all outshining P1). After the 650S the exaggerated diversification in any direction started.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.