McLaren Life banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to get an opinion. I paid about $650 + tax for my pretrack inspection and expect to pay the same for my post track inspection. Does this sound about right? Seems a little high to me? They charge $219 +tax per hour and said the inspections are 3 hours each.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Just wanted to get an opinion. I paid about $650 + tax for my pretrack inspection and expect to pay the same for my post track inspection. Does this sound about right? Seems a little high to me? They charge $219 +tax per hour and said the inspections are 3 hours each.

which car? which country? did they do brake flush?, etc. or just looked the car over?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
USA in Palm Beach Florida. They gave me a checklist but can’t seem to find where I placed it now. I’m pretty sure they just checked the car over. The list was two pages long and seemed in depth but all in all I don’t believe it was anything more than just looking at everything.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
675LT coupe

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
675LT coupe
I'm going from memory but I belive I was paying $595 or close to something like that (including shipping back and forth to dealer (about 35 miles each way). The transport is something our local dealer does for a lot of us.

I believe 720s is $350 and includes brake flush. The 675 might have included a brake flush too.

My dealer told me that it takes longer to do in the 675 and hence the price difference.

I only do pre-track inspection.

There is a check list somewhere on the forums of the items that need to be looked at for track inspections.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
They did not flush the brake fluid so to the best of my knowledge the car has OEM fluid. I had no issues with braking whatsoever though. Car was solid as a rock

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
They did not flush the brake fluid so to the best of my knowledge the car has OEM fluid. I had no issues with braking whatsoever though. Car was solid as a rock
You might want to check with user zombie. He posted a track inspection checklist a while ago. It seems as long as the check list is performed (doesn't have to be mclaren) then you're all good from a warranty point of view.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I understand that McLaren wants you to do these inspections. Clearly for a financial perspective and also for safety reasons. What I do not understand is at what point will they void a warranty claim of a pre-track inspection was not done?
If one of your shocks started to leak oil... will they say it’s not covered under warranty because you didn’t do a pre track inspection? I don’t really know how they can enforce this.
What if someone had mechanical trouble at the track.... how will McLaren know that it happened at the track or what?

·
Registered
546 Posts
I understand that McLaren wants you to do these inspections. Clearly for a financial perspective and also for safety reasons. What I do not understand is at what point will they void a warranty claim of a pre-track inspection.
EDIT: As per the FAQ (see @ZombiePhysicist's link below), unlike the original warranty, the ESC excludes cars that are tracked - the only exception being McLaren-organised events, with no mention (that I saw - please read your documents yourself) of track inspections. Dealers will still be happy to take your money for inspections though.

·
2012 MP4-12C
8,027 Posts
You might want to check with user zombie. He posted a track inspection checklist a while ago. It seems as long as the check list is performed (doesn't have to be mclaren) then you're all good from a warranty point of view.
https://www.mclarenlife.com/forums/mclaren-lounge/52265-track-day-pre-post-track-checklists-warranty.html#post1088673

That post above has a lot of info about track days and checklists. It’s a link you can find in the faqs, item 4.0:

https://www.mclarenlife.com/forums/mclaren-lounge/63273-faqs-common-mclaren-questions-problems-fixes.html#post1257009

·
Registered
267 Posts
Find a local Performace shop that tunes on McLarens, I’m in south Florida too i would sugggest Billet Performace they should be way cheaper than dealer for a pre track inspection.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts