McLaren Life banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently ordered my spec for Artura and got an estimated delivery date for November. Chose the carbon fiber exterior package and was wondering if PPF coating was advisable (I guess just for the carbon splitter in front and diffuser in back?) and/or if the dealer can/should do this? Thanks in advance

Registered
Recently ordered my spec for Artura and got an estimated delivery date for November. Chose the carbon fiber exterior package and was wondering if PPF coating was advisable (I guess just for the carbon splitter in front and diffuser in back?) and/or if the dealer can/should do this? Thanks in advance
Congratulations on your Artura order - now the anticipation ! 馃榾
You might find some information on PPF of interest to you on this link -

Super Moderator
In short, yes, PPF all the things! I had two 570s cars, a coupe and then a spider. I had both of them fully wrapped in PPF and then I had a ceramic coating put on top of that. The PPF gives you protection, the ceramic coating makes the car real easy to wash and also adds a bit more protection. I would also recommend you have the work done by a local shop, and do your research on which ones are good near you. The installer is the most important part of the PPF process.

-Jamie.

Registered
PPF is one of those things that has no downside if you have the funds and can find someone who won鈥檛 f*** it up. And the more you invest in the former, the less chance you have to deal with the latter 馃槄

Registered
ppf the whole car if you can

give it a few weeks after they hit shores and xpel should have patterns out for some of the harder pieces to dl

2012 MP4-12C
In short, yes, PPF all the things! I had two 570s cars, a coupe and then a spider. I had both of them fully wrapped in PPF and then I had a ceramic coating put on top of that. The PPF gives you protection, the ceramic coating makes the car real easy to wash and also adds a bit more protection. I would also recommend you have the work done by a local shop, and do your research on which ones are good near you. The installer is the most important part of the PPF process.

-Jamie.
what are you driving these days?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts