McLaren Life banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently ordered my spec for Artura and got an estimated delivery date for November. Chose the carbon fiber exterior package and was wondering if PPF coating was advisable (I guess just for the carbon splitter in front and diffuser in back?) and/or if the dealer can/should do this? Thanks in advance

Registered
Recently ordered my spec for Artura and got an estimated delivery date for November. Chose the carbon fiber exterior package and was wondering if PPF coating was advisable (I guess just for the carbon splitter in front and diffuser in back?) and/or if the dealer can/should do this? Thanks in advance
Congratulations on your Artura order - now the anticipation ! 馃榾
You might find some information on PPF of interest to you on this link -

Super Moderator
In short, yes, PPF all the things! I had two 570s cars, a coupe and then a spider. I had both of them fully wrapped in PPF and then I had a ceramic coating put on top of that. The PPF gives you protection, the ceramic coating makes the car real easy to wash and also adds a bit more protection. I would also recommend you have the work done by a local shop, and do your research on which ones are good near you. The installer is the most important part of the PPF process.

-Jamie.

Registered
PPF is one of those things that has no downside if you have the funds and can find someone who won鈥檛 f*** it up. And the more you invest in the former, the less chance you have to deal with the latter 馃槄

Registered
Unfortunately, I've found a guy who f*** it up.. So that's why I had to order a new one for a huge price. Unfortunately, I couldn't find anything in the local shops, so I had to get it from another country. I was afraid that they gonna break smth during the shipping, but my fear was based on nothing. Everything went well, and I was following my china post tracking number all the time. Honestly, I'd like to get it for a more reasonable price but the prices getting higher on anything now, so it's just a reality.

Registered
ppf the whole car if you can

give it a few weeks after they hit shores and xpel should have patterns out for some of the harder pieces to dl

2012 MP4-12C
In short, yes, PPF all the things! I had two 570s cars, a coupe and then a spider. I had both of them fully wrapped in PPF and then I had a ceramic coating put on top of that. The PPF gives you protection, the ceramic coating makes the car real easy to wash and also adds a bit more protection. I would also recommend you have the work done by a local shop, and do your research on which ones are good near you. The installer is the most important part of the PPF process.

-Jamie.
what are you driving these days?

Registered
Something to consider: if you鈥檇 prefer a reversible Black Pack, forego the OEM option and have Black PPF installed on the Roof and Cantrails. STEK, Sun Tek or XPEL currently have Black PPF options.

Spec 570 Spider soon
Waiting to spec Artura Spider
give it a few weeks after they hit shores and xpel should have patterns out for some of the harder pieces to dl
SO true...good thought! I've been wondering if anyone will be able to wrap the entire clamshell rear without seams...

Super Moderator
what are you driving these days?
Audi RS5 Sportback is the closest thing I have to fun right now. I had to get out of the pure fun-car game for a bit, needed the funds for a new house and building an in-law apartment. I'll be back once the construction is done and the car market isn't as nuts as it is now.

2012 MP4-12C
Audi RS5 Sportback is the closest thing I have to fun right now. I had to get out of the pure fun-car game for a bit, needed the funds for a new house and building an in-law apartment. I'll be back once the construction is done and the car market isn't as nuts as it is now.
Ah just think of all the shopping and spec鈥檌ng fun you鈥檒l have then!

I just finished a massive remodel in Manhattan and will now be undertaking a pretty big, greenfield, build of I guess my dream home. both looking forward to it and dreading it at the same time. So this comes from the heart. Hoping you have a blast with making the house!

Registered

I just finished a massive remodel in Manhattan and will now be undertaking a pretty big, greenfield, build of I guess my dream home. both looking forward to it and dreading it at the same time. So this comes from the heart. Hoping you have a blast with making the house!
As you know this is the forum to visit when looking for advice on designing the most important part of your greenfield dream home - the GARAGE. Making the garage the center piece of your home is the correct place to start. (y) 馃槀

Super Moderator

The in-law is nearly done, which is a good thing. Now we're planning all the renovations we want to do to the main house. Planning all of this, and getting into the weeds from a design perspective is oddly soothing to my OCD. Getting to the point where we're living in a construction zone might not be, though I've done it before.

Is the dream house in NY, TX, somewhere else? One bit of advice, whatever you're being told for cost and timeline, plan to go over on both!

-Jamie.

2012 MP4-12C
The in-law is nearly done, which is a good thing. Now we're planning all the renovations we want to do to the main house. Planning all of this, and getting into the weeds from a design perspective is oddly soothing to my OCD. Getting to the point where we're living in a construction zone might not be, though I've done it before.

Is the dream house in NY, TX, somewhere else? One bit of advice, whatever you're being told for cost and timeline, plan to go over on both!

-Jamie.
Dream house is in TX.

Yea for the Manhattan remodel I was very proud. only 40% over initial budget. I consider that a huge win! 馃槣

Super Moderator
Dream house is in TX.

Yea for the Manhattan remodel I was very proud. only 40% over initial budget. I consider that a huge win! 馃槣
Yeah, staying on time and budget is always tough, in this climate though, I'd call it scientifically impossible.

-Jamie.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts