McLaren Life banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
551 Posts
I wonder what they did to boost that hp.

·
Owner
277 Posts
HS power increase

I wonder what they did to boost that hp.
They say that they increased the airflow to the turbos I think they need to come up with something more then increased airflow to claim 75HP boost That is a 13% increase not likely. I think to some people the likely 25 looked like a 75

·
Registered
316 Posts
I think that he 75 hp was quoted prior to the 25 hp bump. So based on upgraded models it's really 50. Deleting the second set of cats and changing the primaries to 200-300 cells would give you about 30-35 extra. So no you're only looking for another 20. I have a feeling hat a .5bar increase could do that with out too much trouble. When they researched the power bump I'm sure they held a little back after the upgrade. It's not inconceivable that the hs is a result of R&D tinkering in MSO design and performance. Once they have a working model, offer the parts as MSO options at a huge mark up $$ and deliver a bump in HP at no cost to current owners which is good will and a knock - out blow to competitors. Then sell the HS cars for 400K $$$ another huge mark up for the right to exclusivity and a square badge. It's a huge win all around

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
I can't wait for them to update the MP4-12C (two years from now) and give it DI, VGT, and higher compression and boost.

It will be a complete animal. Then 3 years from now, come out with a new flagship based off of that engine.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts