McLaren Life banner
541 - 560 of 570 Posts

·
Owner
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #551 ·
I wish, but no. I'm in Northern California, so Laguna Seca, Sonoma, and Thunderhill are where I go to play.
You have been running the GT4 for a while. Is it pretty easy and cost effective to run, or it the exact opposite?

·
Registered
21 Posts
You have been running the GT4 for a while. Is it pretty easy and cost effective to run, or it the exact opposite?
I guess "easy and cost effective" is subjective, haha. It's certainly more involved than just showing with a street car, driving hard, and then going home. But personally, I enjoy the mechanical side of cars and like to DIY. There are a lot of expensive tools you need to acquire to successfully run the GT4. Tires are certainly far more expensive than what you'd run on a street car (and have a shorter lifespan). But for a race car, it's probably one of the cheapest/easiest to run solo for track days. If your technical abilities don't extend beyond changing brake pads, then I probably wouldn't recommend one unless you also have funds for hiring a supporting engineer or two, at which point the "cost effective" side of things goes out the window. I'm very happy with my decision to go with the GT4 over the 600LT for the track. This thing is a BLAST!
Tire Car Wheel Vehicle Plant

541 - 560 of 570 Posts