McLaren Life banner
461 - 480 of 499 Posts

·
Owner
975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #477 ·
I got to park next to one of my DD's from the 90's. The F40 is the only car I ever regret going away. As I sat looking at this F40 and going down memory lane, as good as the F40 was/is, I'm afraid it wouldn't know which way the 570 went... on any road. There's no substitute for 30 years of technology!

·
Registered
99 Posts
I got to park next to one of my DD's from the 90's. The F40 is the only car I ever regret going away. As I sat looking at this F40 and going down memory lane, as good as the F40 was/is, I'm afraid it wouldn't know which way the 570 went... on any road. There's no substitute for 30 years of technology!

View attachment 214375
One of the all time greats but I agree with tour statement about 30yrs advancement in tech. Cars just keep getting better and better

·
Owner
975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #480 ·
One of the all time greats but I agree with tour statement about 30yrs advancement in tech. Cars just keep getting better and better
We live in an amazing time for performance cars. I would bet virtually every modern McLaren would be faster than many cars on the LeMans grid of 25 years ago. And it still amazes me that they just sell these things to anyone with money and not give them a multi day driver's school.

There was a post on one of the FB Mac groups from a 720 guy that want to talk to people about increasing aero. His main reason was that he stated he was in a 260 km/hr curve and when he lifted the back end became unstable. He thought he needed aero (as opposed to a brain). He had no idea what trailing throttle oversteer is.

461 - 480 of 499 Posts