McLaren Life banner

121 - 138 of 138 Posts

·
Dread man , truly dread
1,183 Posts
On what track(s) did he test them? Did he use different wheels and/or spacers ?no problems with rear diffusor and wheel liners?

Thanks.
The car has not missed a beat . I know he has used them on the majority of uk tracks and spa francorchamps . They are slightly wider at the rear and do not foul the diffuser but to be honest I'm not sure about the wheel liners ( though he would have told me if there was an issue because of the amount of moaning I did about mine , haha). He uses a second set of the forged wheels without spacers btw .
Literally thousands of track miles later his 12 c needs for nothing apart from the obvious consumables like pads etc .

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
The car has not missed a beat . I know he has used them on the majority of uk tracks and spa francorchamps . They are slightly wider at the rear and do not foul the diffuser but to be honest I'm not sure about the wheel liners ( though he would have told me if there was an issue because of the amount of moaning I did about mine , haha). He uses a second set of the forged wheels without spacers btw .
Literally thousands of track miles later his 12 c needs for nothing apart from the obvious consumables like pads etc .
Good to know Doom,shame you don't come back more often (ok,i know many of us are fan boys here,but not in the same way other makes are I think,as we do it with tonge in cheek or good humour I think !! )
Your views are well respected Mate !

·
Dread man , truly dread
1,183 Posts
Good to know Doom,shame you don't come back more often (ok,i know many of us are fan boys here,but not in the same way other makes are I think,as we do it with tonge in cheek or good humour I think !! )
Your views are well respected Mate !
Andy thank you , thats a really nice thing to say . I'm genuinely touched .

·
Registered
4,325 Posts
Is it true there is a stop sale on the 918? Someone mentioned that to me earlier and a quick google seems to have whoopsy from here confirming that on another forum.

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
all those bushes would make me nervous at 320 some animal could come onto the road

as for the doughnuts in the dirt, its a great way to plug up lots of expensive radiators and intakes. no sense in trashing a great car but whatever
Especially kangaroos, which can comfortably jump over 40ft and land in the road from out of nowhere.

121 - 138 of 138 Posts