McLaren Life banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
Don’t think there is currently any production car in the world that can beat the 992 turbo S on the quarter mile for it’s quiek start ability (2.5s to 100kph tested which is on par with a Bugatti Chiron) on regular tires ... 4wd and more weight on the back axis just hook up better ... 1/2 mile the 720s will likely already win bc of it’s way faster acceleration above 100kph (7.1s to 200kph vs 8.9 in 992TS) ...

·
Registered
2019 720s Volcano Yellow
77 Posts
Yep that 992 Turbo S is a beast and would make the ultimate daily. I love my 720s but may need to add the Turbo S soon.

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
Yep that 992 Turbo S is a beast and would make the ultimate daily. I love my 720s but may need to add the Turbo S soon.
well the 720s is certainly more supercar in about every other aspect that the 0-100kph performance ... but I also think if you don’t need a more utilitarian car like a sedan or SUV as a daily a 911TurboS will certainly be one of the best choices out there minus maybe winter times depending on where you live

Reactions: brezelpaul

·
Registered
36 Posts
Guys.... there’s nothing to compare here. Tesla will have a good 1/4 mile run with Porsche (so what)?

In the q mile not only will the 720 win by a slight margin... it’ll WRECK the Porsche on 1/8th and half mile not to mention rolling races etc etc..... around any track bla bla

go to fastestlaps.com for all the data

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
Guys.... there’s nothing to compare here. Tesla will have a good 1/4 mile run with Porsche (so what)?

In the q mile not only will the 720 win by a slight margin... it’ll WRECK the Porsche on 1/8th and half mile not to mention rolling races etc etc..... around any track bla bla

go to fastestlaps.com for all the data
Um the Porsche won ... by quiet a bit ...

·
Registered
20 Posts
10.1 is not the 9.8 times that brooks from dragTimes REAR WHEEL DRIVE nonetheless. Also gets there at 148 MPH!
I guess this was a good advertisement for Porsche. Their sales are terrible

·
Owner
488 Posts
10.1 is not the 9.8 times that brooks from dragTimes REAR WHEEL DRIVE nonetheless. Also gets there at 148 MPH!
The 9.8 is in a prepped track.

Reactions: brezelpaul

·
Registered
20 Posts
So I guess 911 turbo as seen in video will literally beat anything in q mile only as well as destroy it’s super series gt2rs in a q mile if this is the case?!

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
the thing is that the 992 time is also just a random time - brooks times are about the best for any stock 720s ever (among some others) and he uses Hoosiers while this 720s is stock ... (maybe on P zeros which would make the times much worse) ... however a 992TS could also be better than this as it is only one of the first tests... i don’t really like the 992TS design wise but one needs to admit it could at least beat the 720 in some acceleration aspects ... rolling races and longer distances than 1/4 miles it would not stand a Chance still ...

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
So I guess 911 turbo as seen in video will literally beat anything in q mile only as well as destroy it’s super series gt2rs in a q mile if this is the case?!
highly likely if the acceleration numbers are to be trusted - 2.5s to 100kph (some say it already ran 2.4s) is nearly unbeatable by any other current car over the short distance of 1/4m... longer runs of course the Porsche will not win ...

Reactions: Oviel

·
Registered
36 Posts
I think brooks m uses regular tires every time
Trofeo

I just ran the a mile summer time in Florida heat 10.23 at 143mph Pirelli’s stock
Not bad aye?

·
Registered
6,886 Posts
If you spend any time in a race car, you’ll quickly learn that braking performance is more important in many cases. Seems the Porsche won there, as well.

Regardless, the price of a new 911TS seems silly these days, especially considering the price of a lightly used 720S. Clearly both cars are incredible performers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
20 Posts
It also depends on who’s hitting on the brakes. don’t know about you guys but a cars performance Overall, on a track and in stock form
The 720 is unbeatable

1 - 20 of 50 Posts