McLaren Life banner

To what degree if any, do you think the McLaren 12C and P1 have similar interiors?

• They look nothing alike, they look completely different

Votes: 2 4.9%
  • They look a little alike

Votes: 5 12.2%
  • They look somewhat similar

Votes: 20 48.8%
  • They look pretty much the same

Votes: 14 34.1%
  • They look exactly alike, there is no real/meaningful difference

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Yes they do look similar. The center stack, the steering wheels, the air vents are similar, the seat belt strap on the driver seat looks similar.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Very similar too me, although the 12c interior has far better resolved shapes and more pleasing to the eye, in my opinion.

·
McLaren Fanatic
3,071 Posts
There are small elements that are identical but overall, no - not the same. From one to the other there is a familiar feel and I think that is a positive as good design is good design - if it ain't broke...;)

>8^)
ER

·
Premium Member
1,869 Posts
Less is more - the less they spend on changing the interior the more they spend on making it perform.

... yes but MP4 owners should take it as a compliment.

I dare someone to rip their carpet off and see if it looks like the P1 cf :)

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
Familiar ,to make you feel instantly at home,but completely different when you are driving her,its more of a sense of occasion sat in the fighter jet compartment,so much more airy with the clear roof panels,the dash is all racecar!! The centre console is floating as expected,but only the switches are the same ,where i really noticed the difference isn't from the side view looking through thr door space,but when i posted the video of my time in the car,and its all space ship to me,i am admittedly very very slightly bias...........

·
McLaren Fanatic
3,071 Posts
But Andy - you have also spent more time inside of each than most and are therefore better qualified to comment. I am the single 'they look a little alike' vote in this poll as I believe when you really study the details and not just the big picture you can't help but notice how much different they really are.

And come on now - there's 33% more air vents in the dash this time. :D

>8^)
ER

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
The LCD speedo is wicked as is all the glass.......are the seats more comfortable in the PI? When I sat in it it seemed more cramped, maybe because the seat backs are more upright.

Details are different and it has an extra vent.

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
But Andy - you have also spent more time inside of each than most and are therefore better qualified to comment. I am the single 'they look a little alike' vote in this poll as I believe when you really study the details and not just the big picture you can't help but notice how much different they really are.

And come on now - there's 33% more air vents in the dash this time. :D

>8^)
ER
The main thing Erik,is that your eyeballs are being forced back into your head that it actually hurts,you have no chance of focusing on the interior anyway !! :D
As for the airvents,i wish they had put in the GT3 one that sits under the steering wheel,very usefull for drying the parts that other cars cannot reach !! And obviously very appropriate for this baby...........

·
Premium Member
1,869 Posts
No one is going to feel sorry for a MP4 or P1 owner - let alone because the interiors looks similar.

My sprinkler contractor called me the other day - very weird conversation that rose to the uncomfortable stage.

He thought he called his friend - saying the guy has a 1 million dollar lives in a blah blah blah.

Finally I said ok and ended the conversation - he sent me a text apologizing that I am a great customer and would hate to lose me over something so stupid he did,

Reality - no one gives a sheet about the interior outside this board. ;)

My daughter call these RPP - rich peoples problems.

·
MmmmcLaren
1,375 Posts
From my (only) time around the P1 interior, I thought: comfortable, cerebral, cocoon.

For others to be expecting a glitzy & glamorous interior in the same vein as a Pagani offering, Spyker model, etc. but with the mental-manic'like focused performance of the P1 wouldn't be applicable from my viewpoint. The quality of the P1 interior is clearly evident, whether the fit/feel/finish or the ergonomics & layout. Sometimes, just sometimes -> less is more!

One thing is clear, McLaren truly doesn't give a hoot about prideful-yet-insignificant attributes (who cares if it's not a V10/V12 or unique powerplant, who cares if the interior is similar to a 12C, who cares if the CF tub is shared, who cares if it's drama-less, blah-bla-bha...) when it will presumably reset the bar for hypercars in terms of aerodynamics/efficiency/construction AND operability/usability/utility AND performance/prowess/potential.

Serious car. For serious drivers.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts