McLaren Life banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know whats going to be in the new update? I heard its software update for gear change. Anyone can confirm?

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Anyone know whats going to be in the new update? I heard its software update for gear change. Anyone can confirm?
I'm getting my 12.0 installed as we speak. It's supposed to have this:

The software 12 platform does not carry any dramatic changes. It is mostly minor improvements between the control unit integration systems. Certain programming and scan tool sequences have changed but not in a way which can be noticed by the driver. The oil level read sequence has changed but I think you may have had the updated sequence anyway. It requires the driver to depress the brake pedal before applying throttle to initiate the oil read sequence. All said and done, it achieves a more robust networking system which should result in less glitches.
This gist of this is they're fixing networking stuff to hopefully make the system less glitchy, and not a major feature update.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I posted the "list" that I got earlier today in another thread. Mine was installed last week but just got the details today via email and here it is:

The most noticeable changes of this software are;
o New procedure for Oil level acquisition.
o Odometer back-up to improve robustness.
o Chinese language is now supported in the instrument cluster menu.
o Improved Suspension Displacement Sensor Calibration Sequence.
o New PCCU Sequence Airbrake Contamination Cleaning.
o DTC added for Real Time Clock.
o Improved Engine cover and Luggage compartment Latch drive logic.

Hope this helps

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
That's great macster. Thanks!

I wish they just posted an official update list on their webpage or something logical like that.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I know what you mean jkheit. My dealer even did not know exactly know what the upgrade was about.

To tell you the truth I cannot even tell anything has changed..... I am sure it was a major update for the Chinese owners though! :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts