McLaren Life banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I'm at Pfaff and low and behold they have a car here that has just had these babies installed. The sizes match OEM sizes, and boy oh boy they do look sweet I'm going to have to get me a set of these. Oh and they are priced slightly lower then the Pirelli Corsa's, and the weigh less of course since they have no tread. LOL....?. Cheers....??

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1365528284.789741.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1365528302.928851.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1365528319.849400.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1365528369.600991.jpg

·
Registered
914 Posts
nice, look comparable to the Toyo R888....

·
Registered
914 Posts
so far so good.... paid $1400 for the set....

·
Registered
983 Posts
WHERE did you pay $1400 for a set of Trofeo R's for the 12C?!

Nevermind, saw that was for the Toyo's

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
My oh my, someone needs to give their wheels a good cleaning! ;) Sure am glad I got Ceramics!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hello gents, first post here. that is my car there. I wanted to try something stickier than the p-zero's. had the car for a couple of weeks now. had it out to a local track last week, great car but crap tires. for road course work the corsa's are terrible until they are well worn down. I tried the trofeo's on my gt3 rs (sold for the mp4 12c) and I quite liked them. eventually I swapped the trofeo's for hoosier r6's which are far grippier. will post some feedback on the tires once I've tracked hem sometime next week.
regards
Niteal.

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My oh my, someone needs to give their wheels a good cleaning! ;) Sure am glad I got Ceramics!
Yeah they had just installed these babies on the car so they hadn't clean them up yet. For some reason I knew that I would get some flack for that, was I right or was I right. I would suggest you go and look at texas mongrel's from bumper, I've included the link below for your pleasure. I'm sure you'll get a kick out of that as well Mark. Cheers.....??

http://www.mclarenlife.com/forums/showthread.php?p=37212#post37212

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Hey X!
Don't you be dissing my bugs!

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey X!
Don't you be dissing my bugs!
No Tex I just wanted people to see what a car that's been driven hard looks like and on that note I give you a 10. I must admit I feel sorry for those big arse bugs though that all over the front of car. I'm sure you've got some kind of Venture Shield or should I say swiffer on the front of your beauty. Cheers....??

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Yeah they had just installed these babies on the car so they hadn't clean them up yet. For some reason I knew that I would get some flack for that, was I right or was I right. I would suggest you go and look at texas mongrel's from bumper, I've included the link below for your pleasure. I'm sure you'll get a kick out of that as well Mark. Cheers.....����

http://www.mclarenlife.com/forums/showthread.php?p=37212#post37212
That's what my car looks like after having to drive to the DMV to get the LEV problem fixed! :mad: Just washed it last week too. Oh well, that's what happens when we drive our cars, they get dirty.

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That's what my car looks like after having to drive to the DMV to get the LEV problem fixed! :mad: Just washed it last week too. Oh well, that's what happens when we drive our cars, they get dirty.
Well Mark I'm hoping to be in your shoes one day soon, I just need to stop procrastinating and get my arse in gear. I really hope your enjoying your car and overcoming the crap that you've come to experience as of late. Cheers.....??

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hello gents, first post here. that is my car there. I wanted to try something stickier than the p-zero's. had the car for a couple of weeks now. had it out to a local track last week, great car but crap tires. for road course work the corsa's are terrible until they are well worn down. I tried the trofeo's on my gt3 rs (sold for the mp4 12c) and I quite liked them. eventually I swapped the trofeo's for hoosier r6's which are far grippier. will post some feedback on the tires once I've tracked hem sometime next week.
regards
Niteal.
Welcome aboard NITEALB and yes I'm the one who took the illegal pictures of your tires. As soon as Jason mentioned to me that they had installed these tires on your car, I had this urge to post them on the forum. Mark at Pfaff praises these tires, so I'm looking forward to hearing about your overall experience with these babies as well. Cheers.....??

·
Registered
886 Posts
Sweet tires. Would love to get a set. I don't think the Hoosier is available in the right size?

·
Registered
183 Posts
so far so good.... paid $1400 for the set....
I talked to a tire distributor in Montreal who told me that they sold quite a few Toyos R888 in the past but there were so many complaints that they stopped selling them. Any comments? The guy wouldn't get into the details of the complaints.

·
Registered
183 Posts
regards
Niteal.
Any update for us? I'm tempted by the Trofeos. How was the day at the track with those tires?

·
Registered
144 Posts
I talked to a tire distributor in Montreal who told me that they sold quite a few Toyos R888 in the past but there were so many complaints that they stopped selling them. Any comments? The guy wouldn't get into the details of the complaints.
I used two sets of 888:s last summer and i think they were great. Even wear and ok grip. But i usually run only 15-20 minute stints before i pit for 30 minutes just to save the gear a bit. Maybe it's worse if you run really long stins.

This year i will try the Michelin Cup 2.

·
Registered
25 Posts
great tire, fairly consistent lap times once nice and toasty. still crap compared to a hoosier but certainly the best of the rest. target hot pressure is 30 psi and make sure you bleed pressure off rather than starting at 23-24 cold to get to 30psi. mucked about with the new pilot sport cup 2 on a 911, trofeo is still quicker and handles the heat better. the cup is a better all weather/cruising tire, it has huge rain channels and overheats much faster.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts