McLaren Life banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tried to send these pictures to you via PM wouldn't work so I'm posting them here, for everyone to view including you. Cheers.....??

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1365543908.059328.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1365543928.853329.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1365543942.674403.jpg

·
Registered
1,145 Posts

·
Dread man , truly dread
1,183 Posts
Beautiful , beautiful , beautiful car .
My favourite era , looks in fantastic condition .
I'm somewhat of an old Porsche collector would love to know more about her and see more pics . Interior and mechanicals please if you have time .

Did I mention its beautiful ?

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Beautiful , beautiful , beautiful car .
My favourite era , looks in fantastic condition .
I'm somewhat of an old Porsche collector would love to know more about her and see more pics . Interior and mechanicals please if you have time .

Did I mention its beautiful ?
It just rolled in while Extremeride22 and I were chatting in the dealership. I believe it was coming in for a detailing and polish. We went out to have a look and take a few photos of it as my girlfriend and I love old Porsche's so I wanted to show her the car.

The paint was a bit faded but personally, I like a little patina on a car. Other then that it looked great and very original. And yes, it was indeed beautiful.

·
Dread man , truly dread
1,183 Posts
It just rolled in while Extremeride22 and I were chatting in the dealership. I believe it was coming in for a detailing and polish. We went out to have a look and take a few photos of it as my girlfriend and I love old Porsche's so I wanted to show her the car.

The paint was a bit faded but personally, I like a little patina on a car. Other then that it looked great and very original. And yes, it was indeed beautiful.
Bugger ! I thought it was extremes car . Wanted to ask many questions , have never driven a 912 .
Thanks for taking the time to reply

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bugger ! I thought it was extremes car . Wanted to ask many questions , have never driven a 912 .
Thanks for taking the time to reply
No I'm sorry Wtdoom it's not my putt putt, had I known I would have gotten more info on the car for you. I will be returning there again tomorrow if the car and the owner are around I will inquire for you. Cheers.....??

·
Registered
380 Posts
Pop quiz: Why did Porsche stop making the 912? (This is not a joke. I happen to know the business reason.)

If no one responds correctly in 24 hours, I'll post the answer.

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Pop quiz: Why did Porsche stop making the 912? (This is not a joke. I happen to know the business reason.)

Could it have something to do with to many engines, US emissions the up and coming 914 or the conflict with VW. I guess I'll have to wait and see what the answer is tomorrow evening. Yes I did a little research but I'm not 100% sure. Cheers....??

·
Dread man , truly dread
1,183 Posts
No I'm sorry Wtdoom it's not my putt putt, had I known I would have gotten more info on the car for you. I will be returning there again tomorrow if the car and the owner are around I will inquire for you. Cheers.....??
No probs , thanks all the same .
I have a real softspot for old aircooles Pork !

Wtdoom, this might not be for the purists, but have you glimpsed Singer's creations?
Chris Harris has an in depth 'Drive' feature should anyone have half an hour to spare.
Yes great cars the Singers , I missed the uk launch unfortunately .
I prefer a more period car if im honest am not a big fan of backdated cars ( not at that price anyway ! ).
In my little collection I have something very similar .
I have an FIA ST rebuilt by Tuthil . She has mini 6 pot calipers ( I kid you not they are tiny ) a long stroke racing engine , very trick gearbox and diff topped off with almost magical EXE TC WRC Spec dampers .
Heres a pic from spa lest month

Well here's some more pictures just for you Wtdoom, enjoy. Cheers....??
Thanks for the pics extreme , its great to see an old girl getting used regularly !

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
No probs , thanks all the same .
I have a real softspot for old aircooles Pork !

Yes great cars the Singers , I missed the uk launch unfortunately .
I prefer a more period car if im honest am not a big fan of backdated cars ( not at that price anyway ! ).
In my little collection I have something very similar .
I have an FIA ST rebuilt by Tuthil . She has mini 6 pot calipers ( I kid you not they are tiny ) a long stroke racing engine , very trick gearbox and diff topped off with almost magical EXE TC WRC Spec dampers .
Heres a pic from spa lest month

Thanks for the pics extreme , its great to see an old girl getting used regularly !
That's a beauty, well done. ??

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Wtdoom,
Wow! Your ST is fantastic! What a gorgeous car. Certainly one of my favourite 911's of all time. I would love to build a replica of one of those one day.

@ extremeride22, thanks for posting more pics of the 912.

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Wtdoom,
Wow! Your ST is fantastic! What a gorgeous car. Certainly one of my favourite 911's of all time. I would love to build a replica of one of those one day.

@ extremeride22, thanks for posting more pics of the 912.
Hey MPB, I've been told that I have the life of reilly, so I just come and go as I please. I'm starting to get the impression that the guys at Pfaff have had enough of me popping in there all the time. They have suggested getting me a desk and chair with my own personalized desk sign. I just left there as I'm sending you this posting, received confirmation on everything so it sounds like the car should be on the road by the 2nd week of May. Cheers....??

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Hey MPB, I've been told that I have the life of reilly, so I just come and go as I please. I'm starting to get the impression that the guys at Pfaff have had enough of me popping in there all the time. They have suggested getting me a desk and chair with my own personalized desk sign. I just left there as I'm sending you this posting, received confirmation on everything so it sounds like the car should be on the road by the 2nd week of May. Cheers....����
Well the espresso isn't too bad there so I don't blame you for going back often.
Great news about you finally getting your car on the road. Now you can terrorize all those Ferrari's in Woodbridge.

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well the espresso isn't too bad there so I don't blame you for going back often.
Great news about you finally getting your car on the road. Now you can terrorize all those Ferrari's in Woodbridge.
Yes I'm stoked, and I've opted to go with the Trofeo R tires on the car as well, which will be confirmed tomorrow. In so doing those Ferrari's won't have a hope in hell, on top of the other mod's she should go like stink.

Theres a good chance I'm going to be there again tomorrow for a coffee, take a picture or two of the MSO shifter and to pay for the tires. As well I have to go next door and pay for the Dinan kit I'm having installed on my wife's truck.

I hope your having a great day, and that your enjoying the April snow outside, that ground hog is dead. LOL?. Cheers.....☕☕

·
Registered
380 Posts
Originally Posted by GeorgeSSS

Could it have something to do with to many engines, US emissions the up and coming 914 or the conflict with VW. I guess I'll have to wait and see what the answer is tomorrow evening. Yes I did a little research but I'm not 100% sure. Cheers....����
No, that's not it Extreme, but a good guess.

The correct answer is that Porsche was trying to increase company profitability via increased sales of the 912. Management thought the starting point in the analysis was to identify the 912's #1 competitor. So they asked 912 owners, "If the 912 didn't exist, what car would you have purchased?" The answer came back, "a 911." Now, management realized that sales of the more profitable 911 were being cannibalized by the less expensive 912. So they increased company profits by discontinuing the 912. A real pity, but being Germans, sentimentality didn't enter into it very much.

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Originally Posted by GeorgeSSS

No, that's not it extreme, but I guarantee you'll like the answer when you hear it.
Well GeorgeSSS I think time is up, I'm sitting here on the edge of my seat, waiting with bated breath. Cheers....??

1 - 20 of 22 Posts