McLaren Life banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,
I just picked up my brand new 2012 Supernova Silver MP4-12C today and here is my initial 100 miles report.

What I like so far:
1. Awesome performance- acceleration, handling and braking are top notch! I can't wait to put on some XPEL and go on some spirited driving through my local canyon roads!

2. The supernova paint is something that needs to be seen in person to enjoy its true depth of color. Love it!

3. Very comfortable ride in normal suspension mode. This is easily the most comfortable supercar that I have ever owned.

Quirks:
1. IRIS sucks ass! My car was upgraded to the 10.6 version and within the first 100 miles, I had to reset IRIS multiple times because navigation wouldn't recognize my current location. My phone couldn't connect properly via bluetooth and when it did, the call quality was so bad that the person on the other side of the call couldn't understand anything I'm saying. When I tried the navigation while listening to music, the navigation instruction would distort my iPod music. IRIS would freeze trying to connect to my iPod. The only way to fix this is to reset IRIS, unplugg my iPod, click on Media and then reconnect my iPod.

When is the next software update going to come out?

2. I can already hear a rattle from the dashboard. I think it's coming from the cheap plastic trim pieces. If I put some pressure on the top leather portion of the dashboard, the rattle goes away completely. Has anybody experienced this in their car?

3. A lot of interesting mechanic/hydraulic noises inside the cabin when I'm pressing on the brake and cruising around. Can someone shed a light on this?

Things that I need to do in the near future:
1. XPEL clear bra and window tint

2. Modify my existing rear view mirror with Homelink (still can't believe this car doesn't have it!)

I took some crappy pictures on my phone today. Will take some better ones soon!

Attachments

·
McLaren Fanatic
3,071 Posts
Saw this car at McL BH a few weeks ago - it is a great spec. Enjoy it!

>8^)
ER

·
Registered
157 Posts
Beautiful car! I almost bought this same one. :)

PM if you ever want to go to cars and coffee!

·
Owner
277 Posts
Hi there,
I just picked up my brand new 2012 Supernova Silver MP4-12C today and here is my initial 100 miles report.

What I like so far:
1. Awesome performance- acceleration, handling and braking are top notch! I can't wait to put on some XPEL and go on some spirited driving through my local canyon roads!

2. The supernova paint is something that needs to be seen in person to enjoy its true depth of color. Love it!

3. Very comfortable ride in normal suspension mode. This is easily the most comfortable supercar that I have ever owned.

Quirks:
1. IRIS sucks ass! My car was upgraded to the 10.6 version and within the first 100 miles, I had to reset IRIS multiple times because navigation wouldn't recognize my current location. My phone couldn't connect properly via bluetooth and when it did, the call quality was so bad that the person on the other side of the call couldn't understand anything I'm saying. When I tried the navigation while listening to music, the navigation instruction would distort my iPod music. IRIS would freeze trying to connect to my iPod. The only way to fix this is to reset IRIS, unplugg my iPod, click on Media and then reconnect my iPod.

When is the next software update going to come out?

2. I can already hear a rattle from the dashboard. I think it's coming from the cheap plastic trim pieces. If I put some pressure on the top leather portion of the dashboard, the rattle goes away completely. Has anybody experienced this in their car?

3. A lot of interesting mechanic/hydraulic noises inside the cabin when I'm pressing on the brake and cruising around. Can someone shed a light on this?

Things that I need to do in the near future:
1. XPEL clear bra and window tint

2. Modify my existing rear view mirror with Homelink (still can't believe this car doesn't have it!)

I took some crappy pictures on my phone today. Will take some better ones soon!
Save your money on Homelink just take a mini remote and put it in the pouch on the front of your seat then just push on the leather to touch the button same as Homelink. Yes there is a small storage pouch there

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Save your money on Homelink just take a mini remote and put it in the pouch on the front of your seat then just push on the leather to touch the button same as Homelink. Yes there is a small storage pouch there
There is a pouch in the front seat? I need to go check that out. Also, any recommendation on a mini-remote? Do you know which one that will learn from the remote itself? My front gate doesn't have a learn button, as it is based on a fixed frequency, but my garage door has rolling codes.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Beautiful car! I almost bought this same one. :)

PM if you ever want to go to cars and coffee!
For sure! I will PM you with a date. I am pretty busy this week, but should be free after that.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Sounds like same issues I am having. Never used Nav., but sure pissed about dash rattle and phone sound quality bs. It is supposed to be the "and" car, not the "work in progress" car.

·
Owner
277 Posts
There is a pouch in the front seat? I need to go check that out. Also, any recommendation on a mini-remote? Do you know which one that will learn from the remote itself? My front gate doesn't have a learn button, as it is based on a fixed frequency, but my garage door has rolling codes.
Every door opener has available a small size remote if it didn't come with one just buy it they are about 3 inch squares

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Every door opener has available a small size remote if it didn't come with one just buy it they are about 3 inch squares
That's what I use.

·
Registered
157 Posts
"3. A lot of interesting mechanic/hydraulic noises inside the cabin when I'm pressing on the brake and cruising around. Can someone shed a light on this?"

It does sound a bit weird doesn't it? Especially when you brake and it omits these weird cracking noise (I think its from Engine).

·
MmmmcLaren
1,375 Posts
Very nice 12C, congratz' on the acquisition! :cool:

With regards to the noted sound when braking at non-cruising speeds, I believe the hydraulic suspension & brake system use the same pump (as-per weight savings engineering). Tho' unsure if that's the ultimate reason.

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
"3. A lot of interesting mechanic/hydraulic noises inside the cabin when I'm pressing on the brake and cruising around. Can someone shed a light on this?"

It does sound a bit weird doesn't it? Especially when you brake and it omits these weird cracking noise (I think its from Engine).
Just the hydraulics that are all interlinked,sounds like your in the Enterprise:cool:

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
Just the hydraulics that are all interlinked,sounds like your in the Enterprise:cool:
Andy, I have had my suspicions. Pointed ears are the give away:D:D:D

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Bingo. The first few time it is quite eerie. My wife was like...."what are all these crazy sounds your car makes?"

Congrats on the new purchase. That is an amazing color combination.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts