McLaren Life banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m considering organizing an unofficial McLaren owners rally during car week on Thursday August 15th. I haven’t quite figured out the route and plans. But was thinking about doing a 1-2 hour drive around pebble beach area and then maybe up around the hills near Laureles grade then end with lunch at a to be determined destination (number of participants will determine the location). Is anyone interested in this? If someone is already planning something then I will not plan a rally. One unofficial rally should be enough👍🏻.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I’ll be heading down for the final weekend, but not sure yet whether I’ll go on Thursday or Friday. A drive would be fun... although traffic might make it problematic for a group of more than ~5 cars.

Thursday is the Sotheby’s Aston auction, in which I have a (spectator!) interest...

Rich

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I’ve been several times to car week and live about 40 minutes north of Monterey. If planned correctly it’s not a problem. I’m pretty sure we could get a nice brunch set up at Spanish Bay.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
And if we are able to get a brunch set up at Inn at Spanish bay then you get access to 17 mile drive. That could make for some interesting and nice photo ops.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Good timing; I was thinking of giving this thread a bump.

I’m very interested in a rally while in the Monterey area, or potentially driving down there on Thursday (15th) with other owners.

I’m also thinking of accepting the McLaren invitation for “The McLaren Experience at Bernardus” on Friday sometime... anyone attended this event before? Attending this year?

Rich

·
Registered
53 Posts
If anyone else is considering driving from the Bay Area to Monterey on Thursday, we could meet at Canepa’s open house... browse and slobber for a bit, and then embark from Scotts Valley. Any interest?

Canepa 2019 Open House

Rich

·
Registered
53 Posts
If anyone else is considering driving from the Bay Area to Monterey on Thursday, we could meet at Canepa’s open house... browse and slobber for a bit, and then embark from Scotts Valley. Any interest?

Canepa 2019 Open House

Rich
On 8/15? I’m interested, probably just a day trip for me since I don’t have a room down there. May go back for the Bernardus thing Friday or Saturday but I haven’t RSVP’d yet.

Is anyone going to the Rolex Reunion on the weekend? I’ll love to see Kimi take that Can Am McLaren around Seca.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I've decided to do the 100|OCT event for the Thursday drive down there. If anyone is considering a cruise while in Monterey on Friday or Saturday, please post here!

Rich

·
Registered
275 Posts
I will be there but not brining my car. If everyone will be at the McLaren event let's plan on meeting there possibly as well.

·
Registered
87 Posts
On 8/15? I’m interested, probably just a day trip for me since I don’t have a room down there. May go back for the Bernardus thing Friday or Saturday but I haven’t RSVP’d yet.

Is anyone going to the Rolex Reunion on the weekend? I’ll love to see Kimi take that Can Am McLaren around Seca.
No can am this year. It's F1. They alternate.

·
Registered
53 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
No can am racing that's just an exhibition lap. That's not VARA racing. "Hakkinen will make spirited exhibition laps in the M8D/3 in the noon hour during the first three days of the four-day event." The linked schedule confirms same. Cool for some I guess. We own an M6b and have run it along with all other can ams in races across the country for decades so it's meh to me.

·
Owner
293 Posts
I'm not going this year. Seeing the M8-D will be pretty cool. I'm sure Mika will be getting on with the program.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
About this Discussion
17 Replies
8 Participants
Ingenere
McLaren Life
McLaren Life is the best McLaren forum to discuss reliability, problems & more for supercar models like the F1, P1, 570, 650, 12C, and 720S!
Full Forum Listing