1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a 2012 McLaren..
drove it for ashort time adn I get an ERROR MESSAGE

PCC DEGRADED

What does this mean, I understand it is something with the Proactive chassis control,
can I easily reset it? anyone had this problem before....also the radio sound stopped..
any assistance appreciated.
Thanks

·
2012 MP4-12C
8,231 Posts
Eek. Can you shut the engine off for and go grab a bite to eat for say 25minutes? That should give the car enough time to reset everything. Sometimes if you yank the car, misshift, or just jarr it in someway it doesn't like, it can give you errors and try to protect itself. Letting it reset usually fixes most issues like that.

I haven't had that error before myself, but hope it's just what I suggest above. Please let us know how it works out, and sorry to hear about the trouble.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
I had the same problem. The car would go through all 3 suspension settings but give me the same Error code after one fast turn. It was a sensor. Had to have dealer fix it.

·
Registered
114 Posts
This happened to me the other day on a bumpy section of New York City highway. The exclamation point warning light stayed on for a while. When it went off, I tried to switch to sport and the car turned off "active" and went into auto trany mode. After a quick shutoff it reset. At the dealer now to see what happened. Hopefully all is ok as I just hit the warranty "dead zone".

·
2012 MP4-12C
8,231 Posts
Aye, let us know how it turns out and the damage. If it's just a sensor, I'm curious how costly it will be out of warranty. Hopefully cheap (actually, hopefully it's just a software hiccup).

·
Registered
14 Posts
Excellent advice. Thanks for forwarding this info. Haven't had this experience on my '12 12C but know what to do now should this happen.

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
Mine does this on every start up in the cold. It's most likely a sensor issue. Was told the tech it's usually related to the power steering. It will disable you from using the Active function, hence Normal/Normal mode.

Mine goes away after 5-10 minutes of driving and stays off unless the car sits for a while. If you press the Active button while PCC Degraded Error is on, it will most likely stay on the screen and never fix itself. If it occurs, it's best to just drive the car until it goes off before attempting to go back into Active mode.

Well, that's my experience with it at least. I suppose one could have an actual problem rather than just a sensor error. Best to have it looked at I guess. Chance are though that if it goes away with a little driving, it's just a sensor error.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
4 Posts
My 650s has developed a "PCC shut down engine" error . It comes and goes and does not leave any trace in the error log. Does anyone know what it could be? I have reported it to the dealer.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts