McLaren Life banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
wednesday i was invited by ml to go on a 45 min trip around frankfurt.
unfortunately only as a passenger...
i have quite some experience with cars, f40, ferrari f1 310b etc.
the only thing that comes close is the formula 1 car!
i´m really happy that i ordered the car and that i will get it soon.

the other thing that makes me happy is the treatment you get as a customer from ml
i was a ferrari customer for 25 years belonged to the famous "f1clienti" and was treated like nobody.
no feedback, no contact, nothing...

what i don´t like here in the forum is the number of people posting hundreds of posts claiming that ml is shit and all other manufacturers are a lot better, faster, more beautiful etc.

if anyone opens a that is only open for fans i´ll be willing to pay to finance it.

uwe

ps. thursday i joined the first trackday here in germany, also perfect organized. http://vimeo.com/71436078

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

the other thing that makes me happy is the treatment you get as a customer from ml
i was a ferrari customer for 25 years belonged to the famous "f1clienti" and was treated like nobody.

what i don´t like here in the forum is the number of people posting hundreds of posts claiming that ml is shit and all other manufacturers are a lot better, faster, more beautiful etc.

if anyone opens a that is only open for fans i´ll be willing to pay to finance it.

uwe

ps. thursday i joined the first trackday here in germany, also perfect organized. http://vimeo.com/71436078

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Uwew, that's a great video. Was that you driving? Regardless, that looks like a really fantastic track. Congrats!

Congrats on your order. Please post some pics and experiences when you get the car. Really would appreciate it. Hoping you have great time with it.

I can't speak of Porsche, but definitely, my Ferrari purchase experiences have been awful around my area in the states. I try not to put that on Ferrari as it's mostly a dealer thing here in the US. The McLaren purchasing experience has been so good, that it still is sinking in. I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'm looking forward to buying another at some point knowing just how good Philly Mac has been to me.

·
Registered
8,123 Posts
Welcome uwew... stick around. Promise you'll like it and congrats on the P1,.. an excellent choice if I may say so!

·
Registered
107 Posts
It's not just a dealer thing with Ferrari, it's an FNA thing as well. The dealer part of it is they hire people who should be working at Chevy or Ford, the FNA part is denial of obvious warranty work. I don't see how Ferrari stays in business in the US. I've bought 4 and and I'll never buy another.

McLaren treats me really well, one could argue that it's because they aren't big enough yet, but I keep telling the dealer, "Please don't turn into Ferrari."

·
Honorary Member
661 Posts

uwe

Very interesting and important statement you made:

"the other thing that makes me happy is the treatment you get as a customer from ml
no feedback, no contact, nothing..."

·
Registered
3,072 Posts

·
Registered
3,617 Posts
Have to agree with that, can not fault the service form MTC., its second to none….May I ask if you owned a 12C prior to you passenger ride….

·
Premium Member
992 Posts

uwe

uwew: Congratulations on your order of the new P1.

Can you tell us a little bit more about that ride and what the virtues of P1 are that provided such an accolade. With all those special cars you have driven, I would appreciate your perspective if you wish to share.

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
Hi Uwe,welcome on board,you will find the owners section of this forum a lot more informative and civilised ,but there are still plenty of debates and differences of opinion,i think this is where you need to be !!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
the driver in the video is a professional racedriver and was one of the instructors at bilster berg.

the video was shot before we were there, so i can´t tell mor about the setup.

@citylad : yes i own a 12c spider and a slr roadster (749hp 1000nm) that will go to mso soon to make it more mclaren than mercedes ;-)

@dlc normally you have a car for the track and one to go to the track ;-)
the p1 is as they told us really both.
it was in the beginning a smooth ride through the city and on the autobahn it was accelerating like hell but still felt comfortable like a 12c in "n" mode..

braking was also very impressive from 320 km/h on a wet road to 100 km/h…

race mode is not allowed on normal roads so they showed me only the process how you change,which is a lot of fun :
in the display it shows all the things the car is doing, lowering, stiffening and rising the spoiler with a lot of countdowns…

then it´s 350% stiffer and 50 mm lower.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
the driver in the video is a professional racedriver and was one of the instructors at bilster berg.

the video was shot before we were there, so i can´t tell mor about the setup.

@citylad : yes i own a 12c spider and a slr roadster (749hp 1000nm) that will go to mso soon to make it more mclaren than mercedes ;-)

@dlc normally you have a car for the track and one to go to the track ;-)
the p1 is as they told us really both.
it was in the beginning a smooth ride through the city and on the autobahn it was accelerating like hell but still felt comfortable like a 12c in "n" mode..

braking was also very impressive from 320 km/h on a wet road to 100 km/h…

race mode is not allowed on normal roads so they showed me only the process how you change,which is a lot of fun :
in the display it shows all the things the car is doing, lowering, stiffening and rising the spoiler with a lot of countdowns…

then it´s 350% stiffer and 50 mm lower.

uwe
ps. tried to post it two days ago, but sems that my post was lost...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
test

i replied two times to the questions others had, but it never showed up?
is it still under investigation?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts