McLaren Life banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saw this car at my dealer and thought the painted sockets looked quite good. Somehow it works (to my eyes at least).

IMG_4195.jpg

IMG_4193.jpg

·
Registered
533 Posts
looks good to me as well. but the side blades on the bumper (under marker light need to be black/cf) finish. tint that WS and it's game over.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Undecided. It doesn't look bad per se, but it also doesn't look like anything amazing. Neither here nor there.

·
Registered
McLaren 720S spider, 2020. Spark.
615 Posts
There was a thread about this maybe a year ago?

This can sorta work with some color but it tends to minimize one of the chief design aspects.

Reactions: ksp

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
There was a thread about this maybe a year ago?

This can sorta work with some color but it tends to minimize one of the chief design aspects.
Yes, in the 720 thread but thought I’d post it here in case it inspires anyone with LT Spider build.

I agree it minimizes the visual impact of the sockets - one of the signature design aspects of the 7xx platform. However, it has a uniquely cool look.... more futuristic I think. Probably works best with solid, non metallic paints.

·
Registered
373 Posts
For me looks OK but not enough to want to do it. I think it might also depend on the colour.

If the car was made that way I'm sure we would all think it was fine!

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
For me looks OK but not enough to want to do it. I think it might also depend on the colour.

If the car was made that way I'm sure we would all think it was fine!
I agree with your last point. Our eyes have been conditioned to the standard sockets so altering them needs a bit of a mental reset.

·
Vendor
65 Posts
That license plate bracket is the crime
Hey guys if you know anything about the license plate - it is an EezePlate - a no drill, quick release front license plate system for exotic cars. It uses existing holes in the undertray of the car and has a quick release latch. FYI - when the front plate is off, you can't even see the tongue of the chassis mount, which can also act as an early warning for bumps or curb cuts. Keep the license plate in the car and if stopped by the police you can say - oh sorry officer forgot to put it back on after detailing or tracking or whatever - the legality of having a front license plate is the fact that it needs to be mechanically affixed to the car - hence the EezePlate! :)

Here in Ontario the police are cracking down on no front license plate, the fine is hefty! With the EezePlate, it pays for itself the first time you get pulled over!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts