728 Posts

·
Registered
728 Posts

·
Registered
824 Posts
Martin Aircraft company have just announced the production of their own P14

"We are pleased to report that the assembly of our prototype P14.1 unmanned Martin Jetpack, on which Series 1 is based, is complete and has been handed over to Flight Test. We have now begun the build of Series 1.1, the first of our manned aircraft for test and capability demonstration purposes."

Here it is in action:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpEkN1NdjKU

Obviously a spoof as sadly it's still a long way from certification, but maybe one day we will all be ditching our McLarens ;)

You heard it here first

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Why? I am expecting mine summer next year
First 500 cars (or so) will have deliveries starting in April (so far), so summer is a long time to wait ;) .

I think they'll offer four or five factory specced versions (editions?) and I am quite happy with that. Lock in should be in early February with the private previews :laugh::nerd:, teasers just before Geneva, deliveries a couple of weeks after Geneva. This car will be epic :D

·
Registered
380 Posts
I still think the front will be significantly different to the renders. also i am interested if the active wing ill be like the LT, just as airbrake or more like the 918, where it fully raises (and then also as airbrake, mclaren style)

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
I still think the front will be significantly different to the renders. also i am interested if the active wing ill be like the LT, just as airbrake or more like the 918, where it fully raises (and then also as airbrake, mclaren style)
What is leading you to believe that the front will be different? From what I have seen so far I really like it.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
First 500 cars (or so) will have deliveries starting in April (so far), so summer is a long time to wait ;) .

I think they'll offer four or five factory specced versions (editions?) and I am quite happy with that. Lock in should be in early February with the private previews :laugh::nerd:, teasers just before Geneva, deliveries a couple of weeks after Geneva. This car will be epic :D
I haven't asked too many questions but seems the first 100 will have special badging.

·
Registered
345 Posts
In the video of the P14 accelerating away from the stop; it definitely has a slightly different exhaust sound!
I always assumed it would be another V8 but my dealer just told me it's a V10. I'm sure that info has been widely available but I hadn't seen it anywhere. Pretty stoked on that...

·
Registered
290 Posts
I always assumed it would be another V8 but my dealer just told me it's a V10. I'm sure that info has been widely available but I hadn't seen it anywhere. Pretty stoked on that...
Interesting, if it's a V10 it will be an amazing but I doubt it because of stricter emissions laws and since the P14 will be a "volume" McLaren offering rather than an Ultimate Series vehicle.

721 - 740 of 1793 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.