McLaren Life banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Why does it matter ? It is just a prototype.

At least McLaren dares to show the P1 running in public. But where is the LaTrallalla ?
True. but NEVER will Ferrari or even Porsche for that matter would have allowed a video to be taken of that incident. that just would not have happened EVER. any word from McLaren what happened or why it could not be resolved on the spot? Kind of embarrassing don't you think. Just saying:p.......I don't buy the prototype excuse cause it sure didn't look like one. now if it had the racing circuit WRAP then that's a different matter:p what happened to ATTENTION TO DETAIL huh?

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
True. but NEVER will Ferrari or even Porsche for that matter would have allowed a video to be taken of that incident. that just would not have happened EVER. any word from McLaren what happened or why it could not be resolved on the spot? Kind of embarrassing don't you think. Just saying:p.......I don't buy the prototype excuse cause it sure didn't look like one. now if it had the racing circuit WRAP then that's a different matter:p what happened to ATTENTION TO DETAIL huh?
Huh? Ferraris have been filmed multiple times catching fire and had a very public recall of every 458.

Porsche had centerlock wheels that were coming loose and had to recall every single one of them.

Those were on PRODUCTION cars. This is a prototype.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Huh? Ferraris have been filmed multiple times catching fire and had a very public recall of every 458.

Porsche had centerlock wheels that were coming loose and had to recall every single one of them.

Those were on PRODUCTION cars. This is a prototype.
That event was a BIG effffin deal n McLaren F........d up! Bite your tongue, you can't predict what could happen to a PRODUCTION P1:p hope they have a back up plan at GOODWOOD;) just saying:p

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Hope the LaFerrari won't catch on fire and the 918's wheels don't fall off.

Or as they were saying for the prototype, the electric motors stretching the chassis apart.

I'd rather have a car not start than either of the other manufacturer's problems. Just saying
You can't predict what could happen to a PRODUCTION 918 or LaFerrari either since they are nowhere to be seen.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Surely nobody in the media has ever used a sensationalist title to garner attention...?! Shock horror. You do realise that Youtubers are paid for their monetized video depending on view count, right?

I don't see any evidence in this video of that P1 'breaking down'. They disconnect all their show-cars; it was the same at geneva, its the same here. A short clip of a guy fiddling with a battery doesn't say much at all.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
It was on Jalopnik that the car wouldn't start, they try to start it but it wouldn't, obviously you have to take into the account of how reliable the sources are, but this video is the second source claiming from the journalists they had problem with the car. You can see the tech trying to start the car also, Also notice the image. Ah well, still awesome to look at

it says - ESC Fault, Vehicle Limphome - Go To McLaren Service Centre
It wasn't just jalopnik, story has gone viral. 12C all over again;):p.......this time OVER $1mil though:eek::p
What kind of message is vehicle L I M PHOME WTF!!!!!!!!

·
Administrator
2,701 Posts
It happened in a public place and everyone has a camera phone these days. So a prototype car didn't start on cue. Could just have easily happened to Ferrari, Porsche, Pagani or anyone other manufacturer. Even the best security in the world can't stop someone from using a camera phone............just ask Prince Harry.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
It happened in a public place and everyone has a camera phone these days. So a prototype car didn't start on cue. Could just have easily happened to Ferrari, Porsche, Pagani or anyone other manufacturer. Even the best security in the world can't stop someone from using a camera phone............just ask Prince Harry.
Ferrari n Porsche would have had plan B..........they would have lifted that car out at the dead of night n have one ready that STARTED the next morning;)......that looked like the amateur hour with the Mac tech on his phone fiddling around in there ........PATHETIC really with McLarens high tech background they always spout about. I've never seen that happen with the other two at a MAJOR event like that!:p all I ever read here is excuses, bet Ron is ROYALLY PISSED! :0p

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
You know in life things happen, we all want perfection yet perfection is unachievable no matter how hard we try something or someone will find fault. Cheers.....??

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
You know in life things happen, we all want perfection yet perfection is unachievable no matter how hard we try something or someone will find fault. Cheers.....??
I'm with u on the PERFECT argument, but how it was handled is another issue. video had a little boy pushing the car:eek:......like I stated NO WAY with the other two MAJOR players, they would have handled that under total darkness like SEAL TEAM 6;):p

·
Registered
32 Posts
video had a little boy pushing the car:eek:......like I stated NO WAY with the other two MAJOR players, they would have handled that under total darkness like SEAL TEAM 6;):p
As always, widowmaker has made a very good point. why would you let a 5 year old push a car that is being towed up a ramp? I can not believe what my eyes are seeing. somebody should have stopped him! *

·
Mark Antar Design
1,870 Posts
I'm with u on the PERFECT argument, but how it was handled is another issue. video had a little boy pushing the car:eek:......like I stated NO WAY with the other two MAJOR players, they would have handled that under total darkness like SEAL TEAM 6;):p
Widow, you always seem to complain about everything McLaren. Never an informative comment? You keep criticizing and comparing them to other car manufacturers. No one cares about what others would have done in a similar situation. Get over it, mate. :)

·
Premium Member
993 Posts
Unfortunately you are witnessing the real world and technologies ability to bring events real time to you, the audience.

These early P1's are prototypes, pure and simple. The systems McLaren is deploying in this car are novel and complex. These things are going to happen. I can agree that this event is a bit embarrassing but these are the facts of life when threading on new ground. Give them a break.

·
McLaren Fanatic
3,071 Posts
Get over it, mate. :)
He won't, which is why I have found it easier to simply ignore every comment he makes. Try it, you'll like it. ;)

>8^)
ER

1 - 20 of 47 Posts