McLaren Life banner

1 - 20 of 252 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, just got the info from the factory that they are planning to do a special run (very limited units) of an uprated P1 'track' edition once the current P1 production ends in 2015. Production numbers set to be low 2 digit numbers.

Understand that the car will be again meaner, faster, lighter and more power. It will only be made available to existing P1 owners.

What do you guys think? :D

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Douglas, got it too, good idea, especially the fact that only p1 owners can buy one.

They should also keep them in their possession so they can not be sold. Like the FXX...

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Douglas, got it too, good idea, especially the fact that only p1 owners can buy one.

They should also keep them in their possession so they can not be sold. Like the FXX...
I like the idea of the P1 'track' programme that provides track focused activities and getting to meet like-minded owners. Will be a very exclusive group for sure.

On a sidenote, I hope this is not a spinoff of the existing P1 to squeeze more units off the production line. I also don't wish to receive another email stating the availability of P1 'evo' version in the near future which may affect the exclusivity of the current P1 model.

·
MmmmcLaren
1,375 Posts
Assuming this P1 "track" edition is non'street-able/non'road-legal, I believe it won't affect the ~375 P1 roadgoing models with regards to exclusivity/value. Likewise for other non'roadgoing variants of the P1 (come-on, it's McLaren - they will continue to tinker... :D).

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
and the SP..?.....and no I am not winding up.......my understanding is that it is a GT3 road version...who said low nos,?
That's not the P1 SP,that's a completely different model that will stand inbetween the 650 ant the P1,there will be no P1 SP

·
Premium Member
993 Posts
This is not a road legal vehicle. There are similarities to the XX program but done McLaren's way.

·
Registered
3,617 Posts
That's not the P1 SP,that's a completely different model that will stand inbetween the 650 ant the P1,there will be no P1 SP
respectfully A, I am not referring to the P15.....and I have my GT3 back tomorrow, Will you be at Silverstone later this month. Look forward to your views after a drive

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
respectfully A, I am not referring to the P15.....and I have my GT3 back tomorrow, Will you be at Silverstone later this month. Look forward to your views after a drive
Yes,i will be there,glad they sorted it quickly for you,i take it its the first to have the issue fixed ? Still not with you on a P1 spider though,but obviously aware of the special

·
Registered
8,123 Posts
P1 track is not road legal.. As Dlc says it's a track only version .. Only available if you've got one already..

No mention of a spider version...

·
Registered
3,617 Posts
Yes,i will be there,glad they sorted it quickly for you,i take it its the first to have the issue fixed ? Still not with you on a P1 spider though,but obviously aware of the special
1st one Andy, and its now a de-mapped RS engine. To be fair my car was the 1st one reg in the UK......I will PM you what I hear

·
Registered
8,123 Posts
I quite like the idea of a track version I have to say.. going to be an interesting time learning more about it..

I think the marketing is also very clever.. it effectively gives owners a veto if they wish...

of course its going to be incredibly small numbers anyway..

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
and the SP..?.....and no I am not winding up.......my understanding is that it is a GT3 road version...who said low nos,?
P1 Track is _track only_ and only for people that already HAVE a P1. It has no ride height adjustments, it is always in race mode, it has a fixed wing that is bigger than the P1's, and it is stripped out inside.

And it definitely is not a Spider.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Yes I've been told about it when I received my P1.

But I wasn't sure I can post such info.

It's going to be one hell of a machine !

Mbn

·
Registered
3,617 Posts
P1 Track is _track only_ and only for people that already HAVE a P1. It has no ride height adjustments, it is always in race mode, it has a fixed wing that is bigger than the P1's, and it is stripped out inside.

And it definitely is not a Spider.
Thank you for the clarification, I know it is definitely not a Spider, That is a stand alone vehicle, imv

1 - 20 of 252 Posts