McLaren Life banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm on holiday in barbados at the moment with a lot of car nuts. It's fantastic, my once chance to really talk cars in a year of the forums. Anyway a couple of people out here have canceled their orders for the P1 as Mclaren are starting a provisional list for a new limited addition Spyder version. They don't know when exactly it will be made, but will either be produced simultaneously with the last run of P1s or just after. Anyone else got an order in ? I want to drive the P1 first before I decide.

·
Registered
8,123 Posts
Amazing how people without an order for P1 keep coming up with a spider version which no owner has heard About

·
Owner
544 Posts
I'm on holiday in barbados at the moment with a lot of car nuts. It's fantastic, my once chance to really talk cars in a year of the forums. Anyway a couple of people out here have canceled their orders for the P1 as Mclaren are starting a provisional list for a new limited addition Spyder version. They don't know when exactly it will be made, but will either be produced simultaneously with the last run of P1s or just after. Anyone else got an order in ? I want to drive the P1 first before I decide.
Is this a wind up?

·
Registered
8,123 Posts
What do you mean ?
Suspect going to give you little credit as this is city's story. Which miraculously you have now found out, particularly considering the other thread you started.

Almost everyone on here wasn't born yesterday. Almost...

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
To be honest I have not been here in ages. Another frustrated member told me city was banned, which I found irritating as I wanted to hear more about the P1....hence the post...
Back to P1 Spyder, all I can tell you is I have heard it from 2 people now, both with canceled orders because of news. I can speak to them more later but expected someone here to know more than them...

·
Registered
8,123 Posts
To be honest I have not been here in ages. Another frustrated member told me city was banned, which I found irritating as I wanted to hear more about the P1....hence the post...
Back to P1 Spyder, all I can tell you is I have heard it from 2 people now, both with canceled orders because of news. I can speak to them more later but expected someone here to know more than them...
Agree entirely. I'd expect people here to know more than them...

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Well let's wait to hear from them then...you don't act like you know anything....happy holidays
Woppum, there are more than 5 people here who have p1s on order. At least two of them with build slots coming up in a few weeks (mid/end jan). I am one of them. Mikey happens to be another.

Mclaren has told no owner that a Spyder is planned or even being discussed. The p1 is limited to 375 cars, period.

Regardless of that, if there would be one planned, they would guaranteed have told me, considering that they perfectly well know that I would buy a second one and that I would not cancel any order. I would prefer getting my p1 tomorrow than in 4 weeks. I hate waiting and they know this.

This is like the whole 12c sp rumor which supposedly also has a wait list but somehow mclaren have yet to hear about such a thing themselves.

And the argument about how they might have just hidden this info from me is rediculous too, considering the Cars i have on order already.

This is like the rumor about

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Woppum, there are more than 5 people here who have p1s on order. At least two of them with build slots coming up in a few weeks (mid/end jan). I am one of them. Mikey happens to be another.

Mclaren has told no owner that a Spyder is planned or even being discussed. The p1 is limited to 375 cars, period.

Regardless of that, if there would be one planned, they would guaranteed have told me, considering that they perfectly well know that I would buy a second one and that I would not cancel any order. I would prefer getting my p1 tomorrow than in 4 weeks. I hate waiting and they know this.

This is like the whole 12c sp rumor which supposedly also has a wait list but somehow mclaren have yet to hear about such a thing themselves.

And the argument about how they might have just hidden this info from me is rediculous too, considering the Cars i have on order already.

This is like the rumor about
Thank you for your detailed reply.
Have you asked mac recently about the Spyder ? I wonder if this is new news ?

·
Registered
8,123 Posts
Well let's wait to hear from them then...you don't act like you know anything....happy holidays
You're right again... I know nothing.
I guess the only thing I know is that I sold my Ferrari cos the mac was better...

Other than that, am clueless.

·
Registered
8,123 Posts
Ahh ...that would explain a great deal...
Trust the weather improves for the rest of your stay... ! Enjoy ..

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks, but seems everyone is hearing different stories. I have heard the same about the 12c special coming out next year. I know of people that have put deposits down others say impossible. What is most curious is all this information must be coming from Mclaren yet the stories all over the place which gives me a lack in confidence.

·
McLaren Fanatic
3,071 Posts
This thread is a windup. You are a chain yanker - and not a very good one.

You have made your opinions of McLaren's products quite clear on other forums - don't come here and try to play other people for fools. It's utterly pathetic.

>8^|
ER

·
Registered
8,123 Posts
Well.. I have to say I am with ftyl on this one... Maybe when we turn up to factory next month to see ours being built they'll say, btw were going to build a spider do you want one...
Equally seeing as there's a decent wait list it would be the easiest thing in the world to have asked us already.. Customer relations perhaps suggests it's better to ask the guys who have been standing in line for a while impatient rather than speak to those couldn't make up their mind before..
Sadly city hasn't put up anything that's true, apart from it seems the fastest car in the world is anything that's driven by him, even if the view point was diametrically opposed the previous day....
Repeating or what could be perceived to be repeating his twaddle, you'll forgive us if it might be taken with a pinch of salt..

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Not to worry, seems a difficult question to ask here, thanks to those of you that did decide to help ...
I'll talk to the people I have met later and get more info.

·
Registered
8,123 Posts
Not to worry, seems a difficult question to ask here, thanks to those of you that did decide to help ...
I'll talk to the people I have met later and get more info.
Not a difficult question at all... I wouldn't worry about that. It's not a question of balance btw, it's a question of accuracy. Claims of accuracy which are consistently proven otherwise tend to become a little tiring..

1 - 20 of 24 Posts