McLaren Life banner

1 - 20 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
703 Posts
Wow long wait! When do you have to fully spec it ? Good news is you will be able to see a few finished cars before you have to make your mind is.

·
Registered
703 Posts
Haha, your a strong willed chap to not want to be one of the first, not sure if I could have managed. Right move though!
Not to go off topic, but black on black is looking better every time I see it.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Delivery was October 2014, but I just took over an earlier slot by pure luck. Feb 2014. Full spec needed end of next week.

·
Registered
3,617 Posts
Delivery was October 2014, but I just took over an earlier slot by pure luck. Feb 2014. Full spec needed end of next week.
This pure luck, option.......Lol......Come on.

If you are ready to spec and place order its Start of Q/2 14. As off yesterday...... I am more interested to why the delay. I have heard from Mcl is a month, customers told maybe longer....What's the problem....The point that I find astonishing is that no customer has yet driven the car, and only a hand full have had a passenger drive. Out of this hand full, 2 decided to cancel and not order.......mmmmmmmm.

·
Mark Antar Design
1,870 Posts

If you are ready to spec and place order its Start of Q/2 14. As off yesterday...... I am more interested to why the delay. I have heard from Mcl is a month, customers told maybe longer....What's the problem....The point that I find astonishing is that no customer has yet driven the car, and only a hand full have had a passenger drive. Out of this hand full, 2 decided to cancel and not order.......mmmmmmmm.
Calm down. Calm down...

·
Registered
1,459 Posts

Not sure how you define a hand full.. but considering I saw myself at least 10 people have a passenger drive, and that was only one of 5 days they did it, I doubt the ratio is as you are trying to allude. I know one of the people that decided not to order it. And I think I can understand why. I think it is also based at least SOMEWHAT on lack of knowledge/understanding and lack of imagination that the car will look different inside with other options than the car tested with.

Oh, and one other guy I saw decided not to buy it because he claims his "F12 is faster" ... lol... thats just ridiculous. :) But those kind of people are excuses for not to get it, thats all.

And no, you are wrong, again. It is Q4 14 right now, not Q2. And that is NOT because they do first come/first serve. It is the EARLIEST spot you can currently get. Because people have decided for various spots around the year. On top of all this, due to the complicated nature of getting permits for the US as an EU manufacturer, the earliest US delivery they can take is Q2 14.

On top of all that, none of this matters. Its a georgous car, its fast, it is awesome to drive in, if you have a little bit of an imagination you know it can look great inside using the leather options (am not a fan of alcantara)...

I do not understand why you have to desperately put your crap into a thread where it has nothing of substance to add to the topic. Just rumors and trying to make something look bad. Why? Whats in it for you? What is your goal? Can you explain that? Do you want to make sure less people buy the car? You are a very strange fellow... :)

·
Registered
3,617 Posts
Not sure how you define a hand full.. but considering I saw myself at least 10 people have a passenger drive, and that was only one of 5 days they did it, I doubt the ratio is as you are trying to allude. I know one of the people that decided not to order it. And I think I can understand why. I think it is also based at least SOMEWHAT on lack of knowledge/understanding and lack of imagination that the car will look different inside with other options than the car tested with.

Oh, and one other guy I saw decided not to buy it because he claims his "F12 is faster" ... lol... thats just ridiculous. :) But those kind of people are excuses for not to get it, thats all.

And no, you are wrong, again. It is Q4 14 right now, not Q2. And that is NOT because they do first come/first serve. It is the EARLIEST spot you can currently get. Because people have decided for various spots around the year. On top of all this, due to the complicated nature of getting permits for the US as an EU manufacturer, the earliest US delivery they can take is Q2 14.

On top of all that, none of this matters. Its a georgous car, its fast, it is awesome to drive in, if you have a little bit of an imagination you know it can look great inside using the leather options (am not a fan of alcantara)...

I do not understand why you have to desperately put your crap into a thread where it has nothing of substance to add to the topic. Just rumors and trying to make something look bad. Why? Whats in it for you? What is your goal? Can you explain that? Do you want to make sure less people buy the car? You are a very strange fellow... :)
Nope sorry.....The last time checked yesterday April 14, was just after Q2 14. EU wise, As for hand Full, not my words.....

Agree on the leather.

As for your other comments.....I do not wish to lower the tone on this board. I know that you are giving very biased views on this . I Just tell it the way it I see. If I were you I would not be having an early car. Did you ever drive a 11MY 12C compared to a 13My, Massive difference....

As for crap......The PMs i receive dont see it that way.....strange that

·
Dread man , truly dread
1,183 Posts
Dangerous to presume why people didn't buy a car . Said person may actually post reasons causing outrage and indignation when it is not intended .
When you guys get so stressed when these cars are criticised then try not to open the door so wide almost forcing others to step inside and cause the more delicate members of the forum pain .
That is also strange behaviour

·
Registered
3,617 Posts
1) The P1 is in fact by Mr Sherif's own admission last year ( in several interviews ) .... an MP4-12C with different body work ... a few tech weenie gadgets to impress the terminally deluded .... and a ' Tuned ' MP4-12C engine ... period .... end of discussion

From the commenet section CAR Mag.......

·
Mark Antar Design
1,870 Posts
1) The P1 is in fact by Mr Sherif's own admission last year ( in several interviews ) .... an MP4-12C with different body work ... a few tech weenie gadgets to impress the terminally deluded .... and a ' Tuned ' MP4-12C engine ... period .... end of discussion

From the commenet section CAR Mag.......
May I ask you to link us those interviews, Mr. citylad? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Dangerous to presume why people didn't buy a car . Said person may actually post reasons causing outrage and indignation when it is not intended .
When you guys get so stressed when these cars are criticised then try not to open the door so wide almost forcing others to step inside and cause the more delicate members of the forum pain .
That is also strange behaviour
That is the weirdest threat anyone has ever made to me.. lol :)

I wanted to add "not meaning this in a bad way" to my post above, maybe I should have actually done it. :) I also said I understand why you decided against it. :) No harm or evil intended by my post at all...

Anyone can criticize the car as much as they want. People criticize all the time, its the nature of things. Good things are seldom posted on a forum, they are made usually made to complain about something, since people like to talk about bad things more than about good things. Totally nature again.. no evil thing intended.

·
Administrator
2,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Haha, your a strong willed chap to not want to be one of the first, not sure if I could have managed. Right move though!
Not to go off topic, but black on black is looking better every time I see it.
I have had a very good experience buying late productions on these types of cars and have decided to stay with that approach. My F40 is a 1992, F50 a 1997, and XJR-15 the last produced.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts

·
Dread man , truly dread
1,183 Posts
I have had a very good experience buying late productions on these types of cars and have decided to stay with that approach. My F40 is a 1992, F50 a 1997, and XJR-15 the last produced.
Very smart policy IMHO.

·
Registered
194 Posts
As a fan of McLaren for over 2/3rds of my life, I'm as jealous as
is possible to be of anyone fortunate enough to be counted amongst the elite 375

Can't wait for the ownership accounts and photos from our members that get one of these glorious and definitive examples of hyper-performance road car engineering ^_^

1 - 20 of 108 Posts