McLaren Life banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
My pet peeve with movies like this are when cars like Mustangs, (with solid rear axles) are able to keep up with over-engineered hyper cars such as the Mclaren P1.

·
McLaren Fanatic
3,071 Posts
Or how about the fact that 90% of the cars in the movie are simply fake. Of the high dollar cars I think only that Saleen S7 was the real thing. Not a movie that I will be rushing to see.

>8^)
ER

·
Premium Member
1,252 Posts
Or how about the fact that 90% of the cars in the movie are simply fake. Of the high dollar cars I think only that Saleen S7 was the real thing. Not a movie that I will be rushing to see.

>8^)
ER
Who cares :p these replicas are amazing and spot on to a certain extent, unless you want to get all anal over details, such as missing reflectors, side sill is not black, diffuser is wrong, wing mirror looks dodgey on the P1 etc etc, but for the racing scenes they should all look pretty cool! a Fiasco of modern day hypercars racing in a film!

http://www.zero2turbo.com/2013/04/mclaren-p1-bugatti-veyron-agera-r-sesto.html

Attachments

·
McLaren Fanatic
3,071 Posts
I care - I don't like fake things.

The Director opened a recent preview clip for the film by saying it was "accurate and authentic" when it is neither of those things.

>8^)
ER

·
Premium Member
1,252 Posts
I care - I don't like fake things.

The Director opened a recent preview clip for the film by saying it was "accurate and authentic" when it is neither of those things.

>8^)
ER
:eek: Erik, you'd rather they trash and flip 9 real P1's for a clip thats less than 10 seconds? *cough* aston *cough* :p

·
McLaren Fanatic
3,071 Posts
:eek: Erik, you'd rather they trash and flip 9 real P1's for a clip thats less than 10 seconds? *cough* aston *cough* :p
I'd rather not watch a movie that attempts to portray cars that are not real. If they have a scene where they need to crash one then use a discarded prototype or build a replica. In this case the whole movie is full of replicas for every scene. L-A-M-E.

>8^)
ER

·
Premium Member
1,252 Posts

·
McLaren Fanatic
3,071 Posts

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Yeah, watched the Xbox presentation at E3 and my mind exploded when I saw the P1 rise up from beneath the stage when they presented Forza 5.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
I agree with Eric, all the cars are fake. My friend who works for Koeniggsegg was there for some scenes. They had 1 real Agera and a bunch of prototype stunt double cars. Will be a lame attempt at trying to compete with the Fast & Furious franchise.

·
Mark Antar Design
1,870 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
This car is neither an XP nor a PP. I personally find that annoying. They have added the production mesh at the rear. The brake light in the middle is always visible which isn't the case in real life, the taillights look a bit too fake and the rear wing goes up and down randomly. Weird.

·
Premium Member
1,252 Posts
The only thing worse than something fake and lame is when someone tries to convince you it's real and really cool. :rolleyes:

Anyway - we're getting pretty far off track here...

Has anyone seen the P1 at E3 - apparently its getting mobbed during show hours.

>8^)
ER
C'mon, I wasn't trying to convince you, Its just logical to use fakes rather than the real thing, unless you have an unlimited budget and willing to write off a whole bunch of exotics for a few seconds, and I posted that jalopnik link just to prove your own point and how stupid those fake mods look up close

·
McLaren Fanatic
3,071 Posts
C'mon, I wasn't trying to convince you, Its just logical to use fakes rather than the real thing, unless you have an unlimited budget and willing to write off a whole bunch of exotics for a few seconds, and I posted that jalopnik link just to prove your own point and how stupid those fake mods look up close
Sorry Drifter - I guess I was rather unclear there. That follow up comment of mine was a shot at the Director who claimed his movie was 'accurate and authentic', certainly not at you for your commentary. You're free to like all of this if you want but personally I'd rather watch Chris Harris videos all day long than pay to watch contrived racing scenes with phony shells of modern supercars. For the record the 'Fast and the Furious' movies don't light my fire either.

I don't buy the budget aspect as an excuse - the movie 'Redline' which was apparently a terrible film (never bothered seeing that one after the early reviews) used real supercars throughout including an Enzo, Koenigsegg, Carrera GT, Saleen S7 and a few others. Redline was a pretty low budget movie so comparing that to something with the backing of a major studio and massive video game franchise, they ought to be able to spring for some real cars (or borrow them from their respective manufacturers as is common practice in Hollyweird) to occupy the screen for more than just the static shots.

Here's the Redline CCR:

When it came time to wreck a Carrera GT for the movie they sacrificed a real one:

Guessing the heavy dose of ArmorAll on the tires could have been part of the problem there. :D

Would have been better if they'd used a car that was due to be crushed anyway in its place, but that wasn't the case I don't think. Later on at another promo event for the movie one of the actors famously crashed the Enzo they'd used into a barrier wall which was also a shame, but in my opinion it all pales in comparison to the outright fakes that will grace the screen throughout this new NFS movie.

People might as well just sit at home and play 'Need for Speed' on their X-Box and watch the replay sequences afterwards. ;)

>8^)
ER

·
Registered
17 Posts
The difference between Redline and this film is that the producer of Redline used all his own cars to make the movie. That includes the Carrera GT, SLR, and Diablo replica that were all wrecked throughout the film.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts