McLaren Life banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Leo Parente honestly annoys me, no real idea why but I just dislike him...

And why not show a picture of the 918 RSR when discussing the 918 being a race car in this proposed race class? eh....

·
Beyond P1
223 Posts
Would be cool, except not a very level playing field. Some of those supercars will be a lot faster than others. If no holds barred, then the winner is the manufacturer that goes with a twin chassis and vacuum traction - but then they'll need my patent.

·
Honorary Member
661 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just curious Napolis, any thoughts towards a P4/5 style M6GT 'rebirth'?
Hey

We publically challanged Ferrari, McLaren and Porsche to race us at The 24 Hours of Nurburgring with their F70/P1/918 but that looks unlikely to happen so we've turned our thoughts to Daytona and Sebring in 2014 with a DP.

For the road a one off as you mentioned would be cool and hopefully someone will build one with McLaren Special Projects but our thoughts are to in house build our next one off in the vein of Dino Competizione. 2000lb/400HP/compact sportscar that might look like our P4/5LMP1 Concept.

Best!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Hey

We publically challanged Ferrari, McLaren and Porsche to race us at The 24 Hours of Nurburgring with their F70/P1/918 but that looks unlikely to happen so we've turned our thoughts to Daytona and Sebring in 2014 with a DP.

For the road a one off as you mentioned would be cool and hopefully someone will build one with McLaren Special Projects but our thoughts are to in house build our next one off in the vein of Dino Competizione. 2000lb/400HP/compact sportscar that might look like our P4/5LMP1 Concept.

Best!
That sounds amazing. I always loved the various 'Dino' cars. Among my favourites are the 206 sp and the Aldo Brovarone designed Pininfarina Berlinetta speciale. I just love the Berlinetta speciale. Odd but beautiful to my eyes. And it showed the way forward in terms of styling for future Ferrari's. I've actually been sketching modern versions of what it could look like, a bit of a pet project of mine for the last few years, however, unlike your Dino, mine will stay on paper.:D

·
Registered
380 Posts
Not only to the Eye-Talians make sexy looking cars, they have the best names:

Aldo Brovarone
Flavio Briatore

Luca Cordero di Montezemolo

Giancarlo Fisichella

Now, those are NAMES boys. We Yanks can't compare
.:D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts