McLaren Life banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
11,177 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
very nice! but my google translator didn't work??? McLaren send all their best friends to Pennyhill park,but when I went the bath water wasn;t that colour,did you have a accident:D
Good pictures did you use a tripod ;) First time I;ve seen a quatity shot of the mono cage.
Andy why didn't you get one of RIC birds to translate for you :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:p:p:p:p:p:p

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
very nice! but my google translator didn't work??? McLaren send all their best friends to Pennyhill park,but when I went the bath water wasn;t that colour,did you have a accident:D
Good pictures did you use a tripod ;) First time I;ve seen a quatity shot of the mono cage.

at that time I really tired when I fly more than 12 hours, so I just take a shower and forget bath, after that go to bed very quickly.

MTC isn't just a factory and much like a temple for me, so this factory tour just like pilgrimage, after nearly seven months since I take a order with McLaren Frankfurt Dorr automotive, Finally my Volcano Red 12C coupe arrival Dalian Port of China last month, now I have wait Customs officer to check how much tax I have to pay, may be I can drive it after two weeks.

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
at that time I really tired when I fly more than 12 hours, so I just take a shower and forget bath, after that go to bed very quickly.

MTC isn't just a factory and much like a temple for me, so this factory tour just like pilgrimage, after nearly seven months since I take a order with McLaren Frankfurt Dorr automotive, Finally my Volcano Red 12C coupe arrival Dalian Port of China last month, now I have wait Customs officer to check how much tax I have to pay, may be I can drive it after two weeks.
Well worth the trip for you, you,must have a very rare coupe as they are so busy with the spiders,enjoy your car in good health!!

·
Registered
824 Posts
Gentspy

Love the perspective of the UK from a different angle and looks like you were a kid in a sweet shop at the MTC/MPC (and rightly).

Was that a customer P1 being built?

·
Mark Antar Design
1,870 Posts
Gentspy

Love the perspective of the UK from a different angle and looks like you were a kid in a sweet shop at the MTC/MPC (and rightly).

I'd be surprised if it were a customer P1, they said that production will start from July 8.

Did you notice the painted rear wings and some of the side panels in the first few pictures?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Gentspy

I joined P1 Workshop from 1 May to 3 May at MTC, at that time, P1 Production line still be Installation, but Alan Foster (McLaren Production Director) said they will finish this work soon and first customer P1 will start built at early of July

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Gentspy, fantastic article and photos! Can you please clarify what the 6:33:26 lap time is since you were the one to first publish the photo? Thanks. :)

http://club.autohome.com.cn/bbs/thread-c-2293-21440495-1.html this article I wrote in the 2nd April which is P1 first show in china, I did ask Jamie Weir (Client Lianson Manager - McLaren P1) about lap speed, he just confirm P1 is 6 seconds faster than a 12C GT3 round the Catalunya racetrack, about Nordschleife, he said some reason such as low temperatures make poor resistance tire grip so they will do test at summer time, after that you will know the result, that is all I know about P1 lap speed, my english is very poor right now so there are a barrier when I talking with someone speaking English, I am very shame that because I was graduated from UK, since I graduated over 11 years I haven no chance to speak English, and almost forget most English words. hope u guys all understand what I say.

·
Mark Antar Design
1,870 Posts
http://club.autohome.com.cn/bbs/thread-c-2293-21440495-1.html this article I wrote in the 2nd April which is P1 first show in china, I did ask Jamie Weir (Client Lianson Manager - McLaren P1) about lap speed, he just confirm P1 is 6 seconds faster than a 12C GT3 round the Catalunya racetrack, about Nordschleife, he said some reason such as low temperatures make poor resistance tire grip so they will do test at summer time, after that you will know the result, that is all I know about P1 lap speed, my english is very poor right now so there are a barrier when I talking with someone speaking English, I am very shame that because I was graduated from UK, since I graduated over 11 years I haven no chance to speak English, and almost forget most English words. hope u guys all understand what I say.
Haha, don't worry, English isn't my first language either, yours is fine! . ;)

I sent you a PM yesterday, check your inbox! ;)

·
Registered
261 Posts
Gentspy,

Are you based in China?
How is McLaren doing there so far?

What's the interest in the 12C like?

·
Mark Antar Design
1,870 Posts
^ Awesome, Andy! :)
By the way, the Nurburgring lap time photo isn't included in there! For some reason, I have a feeling that it will be very close to that time. If it really is 6 seconds faster than the 12C GT3 around the Circuit de Catalunya, then lapping the Nordschleife in 6:40 or under shouldn't be impossible.

·
Registered
8,123 Posts
its got same downforce, same braking, bit more power, bit more weight and perhaps most importantly more torque...I agree shouldn't be too far off the scale even if its a tough ask, but amazing if they do..

1 - 20 of 21 Posts