McLaren Life banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Dread man , truly dread
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok just heard rumour that P1 beat 918 time at ring last week .

Im confused as the engineer and the driver told me 2 days back that they have to go back to the ring . LOL .

Can anyone shed light on this ?

·
Dread man , truly dread
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Nope, not heard a dickie... You give it credibility doom?
Yes but timings out , technician didnt know this 2 days back and told me they had to go back to the ring and yet they have already done it ?

I always expected P1 to crush 918 the track is its raison detre .

its confusing though and i am( to be fair ) easily confused .

·
Registered
8,123 Posts
The plot thickens.
Was the tech guy a part of the ring team? The info is extremely well guarded even within Mclaren ... For obvious reasons

·
Dread man , truly dread
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
The plot thickens.
Was the tech guy a part of the ring team? The info is extremely well guarded even within Mclaren ... For obvious reasons
My driver was adamant too and the tech , we were told was " one of the main team involved since the very beginning . his baby so to speak ". unfeasible that he not know .

·
Registered
432 Posts
Ok just heard rumour that P1 beat 918 time at ring last week .

Im confused as the engineer and the driver told me 2 days back that they have to go back to the ring . LOL .

Can anyone shed light on this ?
Without a credible source, you're the one starting the rumor.:)

·
Premium Member
993 Posts
I think the term is called "sand bagging". If true, their time needs to be verified to be credible.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Why are they waiting? if they have beaten the 918 time why not release it now and piss on the Porsche parade sort of speak, Ferrari won't go near the Ring so they don't have to worry about them trumping their time with one of their "Press Cars"!.....the logic of Mclaren's PR is bizarre at time's!

·
Dread man , truly dread
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Without a credible source, you're the one starting the rumor.:)
It was discussed at Goodwood revival with 2 potential p1 customers , one of which is an acquaintance . Dont know if its true or not that is why I asked the question mate .

I do not deny for a minute that it could be gossip , hence my question .

·
Premium Member
993 Posts
Why are they waiting? if they have beaten the 918 time why not release it now and piss on the Porsche parade sort of speak, Ferrari won't go near the Ring so they don't have to worry about them trumping their time.....the logic of Mclaren's PR is bizarre at time's!

If I were a betting man and new I had the better hand why wouldn't I wait for the most appropriate time to disclose. Only they know that time. If true, it needs to be verified.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Why are they waiting? if they have beaten the 918 time why not release it now and piss on the Porsche parade sort of speak, Ferrari won't go near the Ring so they don't have to worry about them trumping their time with one of their "Press Cars"!.....the logic of Mclaren's PR is bizarre at time's!
This is only the case if the rumor is true... Which I doubt.
Mclaren haven't said or released anything about the ring (except for Ronnie's slip of the tongue in Geneva). So all these times are just unfounded rumors.
That's what keeps a place like this humming...

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
Been pushing from this end too,but zipped lips,as Mike said they are very pleased with the sector times!!

·
Registered
2,737 Posts

·
Dread man , truly dread
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Man if we didnt get excited and gossip like old women why even bother with a forum ?
I get like a 9 year old every time !

1 - 20 of 63 Posts