McLaren Life banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
I went to see the film Gravity yesterday ( you have to see it in 3D ) and it is a remarkable digital deception.

It made me think of Capricorn One, the film that credibly depicted that the Moon landing was a fake.

I do wonder if the P1 actually was at the Ring.........na, must have been, the film is still in editing!

·
Registered
194 Posts
am intrigued as to how/when the footage from the various cameras XP2R was wearing at different stages last Nür outing will be released...

·
Registered
40 Posts
My close friend,a P1 buyer,will take part in P1 test that mclaren organize next week.I think the test track will on Dunfield.

So I ask him try his best to set a flying lap.I know he is not a racing driver but a decent driver that regularly have track day and porsche driver training program.

So can we translate the topgear track laptime to the ring laptime?

Zond R is about 1m08s and 6m47s. P1......

·
Registered
3,072 Posts
Haha, Mikey :D

I think it works quite well from one GP track to another, but not for the 'Ring. The profile is just so different to any flat GP track. However, with very few exceptions, cars that are very quick at Hockenheim, are also very quick around the 'Ring. That said, some less powerful cars are not particularly fast around Hockenheim but still quite fast around the 'Ring.

I would expect the P1 to be low 1.05 in Hockenheim.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
8,123 Posts
Haha, Mikey :D

I think it works quite well from one GP track to another, but not for the 'Ring. The profile is just so different to any flat GP track. However, with very few exceptions, cars that are very quick at Hockenheim, are also very quick around the 'Ring. That said, some less powerful cars are not particularly fast around Hockenheim but still quite fast around the 'Ring.

I would expect the P1 to be low 1.05 in Hockenheim.
What were you in the 12c, assuming you got a lap without clutch issues.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Only for this forum, ok guys? ...but the difficulty is that the P1 finished 3.6 seconds before it started. Department of Defense, MI-7 - everyone is freaked out. They thought it was a timing error until they realized Chris Goodwin's beard had shortened.

·
Registered
8,123 Posts
Only for this forum, ok guys? ...but the difficulty is that the P1 finished 3.6 seconds before it started. Department of Defense, MI-7 - everyone is freaked out. They thought it was a timing error until they realized Chris Goodwin's beard had shortened.
Lol:eek::)

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Too late, EVO and 5th gear will be running a special tomorrow. They'll feign approval of the performance being ok, but slam the car for not liking its steering wheel. They also note, it's difficult to drift while going back in time, so the car doesn't offer the excitement of the 458 or the refinement of the R8.

Jalopnik will do the only real journalism of all the rags by at least verifying it with us

:)

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
I did hear they had cracked the space time continum ,but have yet to perfect their tractor beam,which is somewhat of a disappointment to Tiffany Dell and Potato head :eek:

·
Registered
33 Posts
How do we know they even finished the record lap?

Some say the P1 disappeard by the end of the lap and keeps reappearing in different parts of world. ( Philadelphia Experiment :D )

·
Dread man , truly dread
1,183 Posts
Too late, EVO and 5th gear will be running a special tomorrow. They'll feign approval of the performance being ok, but slam the car for not liking its steering wheel. They also note, it's difficult to drift while going back in time, so the car doesn't offer the excitement of the 458 or the refinement of the R8.

Jalopnik will do the only real journalism of all the rags by at least verifying it with us

:)
Massive lol at r8!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts